Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Sorry if the answer is somewhere in the thread. I couldn’t find it through the search.
I saw that the FracPad now supports the FM3 and went out and got myself an iRig MIDI 2.
As it came with an cable with the lightning plug, I thought it was simply a matter of connecting the FM3 to the iRig with 2 MIDI cables and plug the iRig to the iPad.
But the FracPad does not connect with the FM3.
Appreciate any help for this noob.

Sorry if the answer is somewhere in the thread. I couldn’t find it through the search.
I saw that the FracPad now supports the FM3 and went out and got myself an iRig MIDI 2.
As it came with an cable with the lightning plug, I thought it was simply a matter of connecting the FM3 to the iRig with 2 MIDI cables and plug the iRig to the iPad.
But the FracPad does not connect with the FM3.
Appreciate any help for this noob.
Check you connected the din plugs in the correct in/outs, use fm3 firmware 1.06, select the irig in FracPad comboboxes.
If it doesn't connect, maybe your irig doesn't support midi sysex correctly... Check fracpad log in about window to see what happens

Thanks for the quick reply @AlGrenadine. I connected the MIDI out from the FM3 to the iRig‘s In and vice versa. The Fracpad just has a circular spinning icon when launched. I don’t have my set up now but remember the last line of the log was something about starting the loop.
will capture the log the next time I get round to it and repost here. Thanks again.

Was afraid of that...
sorry for still not quite getting it. The iRig midi 2 comes with a mini-din to lightning cable, which was what I used to connect to the iPad.
it also comes with a mini-din to USB cable.
48DC603C-82E0-4600-B252-E214AB1BB1F5.jpegDo you mean I should try using the USB cable and attach it to one of these?
13552AC2-2EE3-4B6A-A2E1-A455161B5582.jpeg

i don’t recall being able to select anything from the drop down menu in the Midi Out an Midi In boxes at the bottom of the launched FracPad page. Meaning the boxes were non-responsive when I tapped on them. Will give it another go tomorrow and report back. Thanks a bunch!

i don’t recall being able to select anything from the drop down menu in the Midi Out an Midi In boxes at the bottom of the launched FracPad page. Meaning the boxes were non-responsive when I tapped on them. Will give it another go tomorrow and report back. Thanks a bunch!
If there's nothing there it's because either the irig is not recognized by your iDevice or it's beeing opened by another app

Just to round back that all’s well. Not sure what had happened in my earlier tries but the iPad is now talking with the FM3.
C5083E29-5843-4E61-9AA6-C866F93A1149.jpeg
DC4CA274-D439-42F9-9E14-89636714BF89.jpeg
will be getting the full version of the FracPad shortly.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom