Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Sorry my bad
I wanted to say, it seems the Um One is hard to find here in Brisbane. Either sold out or on back order
So is there a reliable alternative?
Cheers
Any reliable midi adapter transmitting sysex correctly ... Or yamaha md-bt01 for Bluetooth

Hi guys,
The newest FracPad update is ready, here is the changelog :
  • Supports latest AxeFx III/FM3 firmwares
  • Brings the ability to attach a modifier to every parameter at your own risk (you have to activate a dedicated option)

but here is the dilemna : Apple MotherF****s force developers to support iOS13 in order to publish apps now. iOS13 is only supported by XCode12+. XCode 12+ is only available on macos10.14+. You see them f***ing me ?
My Mac mini 2011 can only handle 10.13.6...So i have to buy new hardware just because Apple decided it!

So i may release updates on Win/Mac and Android only... iOS update may be released when i'll be able to throw money by the window for buying a newer mac mini...
What do you think ?

I would hardly call Apple no longer supporting a nearly 10 old machine f$&@ing you. You don't want to give money to Apple? Buy a used but supported mac. I for one after just recently spending $50 to use your software on my iPad and FM3 would not be happy with you no longer supporting iOS.

I would hardly call Apple no longer supporting a nearly 10 old machine f$&@ing you. You don't want to give money to Apple? Buy a used but supported mac. I for one after just recently spending $50 to use your software on my iPad and FM3 would not be happy with you no longer supporting iOS.
Ahah you know i will, i just ordered a used one...
But Apple demonstrates once more it's a f*** sh* company

Considering FracPad for Android devices. I've already got the Yamaha BT-01 connected to my AFX3. Can someone recommend a Android tablet that supports BT Midi natively (or easily through a third party connector)? I have an early Fire HD 8 and it does not have that support.

Thanks!

Ahah you know i will, i just ordered a used one...
But Apple demonstrates once more it's a f*** sh* company
I totally understand. I have been dealing with their support for an Apple watch battery problem. My watch's battery life got noticeably worse after updating to watchOS 7 and the "fix" they had me do broke the auto unlock of my macbook and so far hasn't fixed the battery life problem. You can't downgrade the watchOS! How foolish is that.

My fracpad just loads and then closes. :( Anyone else have this problem?

Firmware 1.0.5.
MD-BT01

Dd you get it to work?
I have the same issue, FM3 on 1.06. MD-BT01 on latest firmware. iPad on most recent 13.x version, and currently on 14.01.
Midimittr connects fine. Fracpad opens briefly and then closes.
If I have no active BT connection Fracpad opens fine, but as soon as the iPad is connected to the FM3 Fracpad starts briefly and then stops.
Works fine on my Axe2.

I did have Fracpad working as expected when I got my FM3 last week. Only thing that is different now is that I started using FM3-edit.
Any help would be appreciated!

Dd you get it to work?
I have the same issue, FM3 on 1.06. MD-BT01 on latest firmware. iPad on most recent 13.x version, and currently on 14.01.
If I have no active BT connection Fracpad opens fine, but as soon as the iPad is connected to the FM3 Fracpad starts briefly and then stops.
Works fine on my Axe2.

I did have Fracpad working as expected when I got my FM3 last week. Only thing that is different now is that I started using FM3-edit.
Don't use midimittr
FracPad connects directly to the MD-bt01

Dd you get it to work?
Works fine on my Axe2.

From what i read, it could be a specific preset data, if that's the case please share the preset with me ;)

From what i read, it could be a specific preset data, if that's the case please share the preset with me ;)

I think I figured out what happens. I added a bunch of new presets with FM3-edit in the empty slots from 384 and onwards. They have not been synced with Fracpad yet. If one of those new presets is active on the FM3 and I start Fracpad, it opens briefly and then closes. This happens on all the new presets I added with FM-3 edit that had not been synced to Fracpad yet (or at least on the ones I tested). But if I set the FM3 to a factory preset then Fracpad loads fine.

I will do a full sync now and see if that fixes things, or if it is related to specific presets. But so far I only loaded the artist presets provided by Fractal, havent done any fancy stuff yet.

I think I figured out what happens. I added a bunch of new presets with FM3-edit in the empty slots from 384 and onwards. They have not been synced with Fracpad yet. If one of those new presets is active on the FM3 and I start Fracpad, it opens briefly and then closes. This happens on all the new presets I added with FM-3 edit that had not been synced to Fracpad yet (or at least on the ones I tested). But if I set the FM3 to a factory preset then Fracpad loads fine.

I will do a full sync now and see if that fixes things, or if it is related to specific presets. But so far I only loaded the artist presets provided by Fractal, havent done any fancy stuff yet.
Interesting, could be a problem accessing preset names... But can't reproduce here

I've done a full sync and only see 383 presets. Fracpad loads fine. But as soon as I change the FM-3 to preset 384 then Fracpad stops.

Back
Top Bottom