Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
@AlGrenadine:
Below I listed the steps I took to encounter the issue I referred to last Friday May 22nd.
Actually it doesn’t matter what I do. The problem keeps coming back after short time usage of the interface. Fracpad acts normal again after closing and re-opening the Fracpad application.

Concerning other apps: I only use this iPad for Fracpad. No other apps installed except for unremovable Apple stuff.

By the way: Fracpad keeps asking to switch on Bluetooth, while I’m using a USB connection. FYI: whether or not Bluetooth is switched on, the problem below remains the same.

I've send you an email titled "Fracpad interface doesn't update properly" containing screenshots of the log file and of the Options settings..

1. Reset Log
  2. Reboot iPad and AX8
  3. Open Amp block
  4. Go to TAB GEQ
  5. Change from “pre-amp” to “post-amp”
  6. Change Amp block from X to Y
  7. Change from “5 band Mark” to “7 band Var”
  8. Change Amp block from Y to X
  9. Change from “pre-amp” to “post-amp”
  10. Go to TAB Basic
  11. Change Mid from 4.48 to 7.48
  12. Go to TAB GEQ
  13. Change from “post-amp” to “pre-amp”
  14. Change Amp block from X to Y
At this point the X in the right upper corner changes to Y (Y is now colored yellow), but the Amp name and parameter settings don't change to the Y-amp name and settings but they stay on the X-amp settings. I can only solve the problem by closing and re-opening the fracpad application, but after a short while of using the interface, the problem gets back.

Hope this helps to find out what’s wrong.

@AlGrenadine:
Below I listed the steps I took to encounter the issue I referred to last Friday May 22nd.
Actually it doesn’t matter what I do. The problem keeps coming back after short time usage of the interface. Fracpad acts normal again after closing and re-opening the Fracpad application.

Concerning other apps: I only use this iPad for Fracpad. No other apps installed except for unremovable Apple stuff.

By the way: Fracpad keeps asking to switch on Bluetooth, while I’m using a USB connection. FYI: whether or not Bluetooth is switched on, the problem below remains the same.

I've send you an email titled "Fracpad interface doesn't update properly" containing screenshots of the log file and of the Options settings..

1. Reset Log
  2. Reboot iPad and AX8
  3. Open Amp block
  4. Go to TAB GEQ
  5. Change from “pre-amp” to “post-amp”
  6. Change Amp block from X to Y
  7. Change from “5 band Mark” to “7 band Var”
  8. Change Amp block from Y to X
  9. Change from “pre-amp” to “post-amp”
  10. Go to TAB Basic
  11. Change Mid from 4.48 to 7.48
  12. Go to TAB GEQ
  13. Change from “post-amp” to “pre-amp”
  14. Change Amp block from X to Y
At this point the X in the right upper corner changes to Y (Y is now colored yellow), but the Amp name and parameter settings don't change to the Y-amp name and settings but they stay on the X-amp settings. I can only solve the problem by closing and re-opening the fracpad application, but after a short while of using the interface, the problem gets back.

Hope this helps to find out what’s wrong.
Fixed in upcoming release.
In fact the reproduction scheme is simpler than that : Once you edited a value clicking "SET" on the zoomed knob, the parameters wouldn't update anymore, due to internal state bug ;)

Hi Al. Could you give some more details about this post? Is this a Windows beta version of Fracpad to work with the FM3? The link just seems to take me to your main web site where I only see information about the AxeFX III. Sorry, but I am confused. Thanks for any additional information.

Hi Al. Could you give some more details about this post? Is this a Windows beta version of Fracpad to work with the FM3? The link just seems to take me to your main web site where I only see information about the AxeFX III. Sorry, but I am confused. Thanks for any additional information.
Yes, as written ^^

Hi Al,

Just a short feedback note. After I figured out that there is no Fracpad version named FM3, I purchased at no cost the trial version Fracpad III. I downloaded the software and installed it on an old laptop. This is an old Dell laptop at least 10 years old that is running Windows 10. It is slow, but I had no problems loading the software and connecting up to the FM3 with my usb connection. I only had about 20 minutes to work with it, but what little bit I tried worked as expected. I had a little trouble with the display on my old laptop screen. Things were running off the screen at the top which makes it hard to select options since this is where some of the selection buttons for the app are located. I was able to work around it though by going back and forth between full screen display and minimized display. Fortunately, I have used your earlier app with the AX8, so the navigation and screen layout is very familiar looking. I navigated around some of the presets and opened a few blocks to see what the editing layout looked like. I was able to move around the application with relative ease.

I will try to work with it a little more over the coming days and let you know if I see anything that would be of benefit. I think you are definitely on the right track and I am sure some of the more experienced users will be able to offer more detailed feedback. Thanks for offering the beta version for review. I assume the intent is to upgrade Fracpad III to work with FM3 on tablets if you can get an FM3 to work with? That would definitely be a useful product. Working live is easier for me with an iPad as opposed to a Windows laptop. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jim

FracPad III 3.31 is available :
  • Supports AxeFx III firmware 12.10
  • NEW ! Supports FM3 editing !
FM3 firmware 1.04 is expected

NB : USB connection is only possible on Win/Mac
For iOS/Android you must use either a 3rd party MIDI interface or a Yamaha MD-BT01

The demo versions (FracPad Lite) have not been updated for FM3 support yet

All connection options are summed up here :

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FracPad

Last edited:

For iOS/Android you must use either a 3rd party MIDI interface or a Yamaha MD-BT01

How i make the new firmware.Ive got 3-30?
Thanks

Hey @AlGrenadine, What would be the option to use if your are using the midi port with an external unit? is there a compatible wireless USB interface available out there?

Back
Top Bottom