Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Thanks man! This is great news. Appreciate the reply. One last question: For the times I connect USB from AXE II to my computer; any harm in leaving the MD-Bt01 connected? Or best to always disconnect that from the AXE?

Al, I've purchased original FracPad, plus FracPad3, and have them on my iPad4, and also on my MacBookPro, running iOS11.

I'm trying to use it w/ my AX8, presently, trying to get the "Add Modifier" feature working. It would be a blessing to add a modifier to a few parameters like "Depth", but any time I add ANY modifier to virtually ANY parameter, I get this incredibly distorted, "ring modulator"-like sound. This occurs whether I'm using the Mac app, or the iPad4, using either original FP or FP3.

As soon as I remove the modifier, everything returns to normal.

Suggestions?

Al, I've purchased original FracPad, plus FracPad3, and have them on my iPad4, and also on my MacBookPro, running iOS11.

I'm trying to use it w/ my AX8, presently, trying to get the "Add Modifier" feature working. It would be a blessing to add a modifier to a few parameters like "Depth", but any time I add ANY modifier to virtually ANY parameter, I get this incredibly distorted, "ring modulator"-like sound. This occurs whether I'm using the Mac app, or the iPad4, using either original FP or FP3.

As soon as I remove the modifier, everything returns to normal.

Suggestions?
Hi
FracPad alliws setting a modifier on every parameter, which doesn't mean it will work : there's a reason why ax8edit doesn't allow...
Lower your cpu usage, and try it on ax8edit supported parameters

Hi
FracPad alliws setting a modifier on every parameter, which doesn't mean it will work : there's a reason why ax8edit doesn't allow...
Lower your cpu usage, and try it on ax8edit supported parameters

I forgot to mention that, after experiencing the same issues, I discarded a bunch of blocks, creating a patch that showed 50% CPU. It still occurred.
Based on what you said, I'll try creating a patch w/ nothing but amp & cab, and try again.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that, after experiencing the same issues, I discarded a bunch of blocks, creating a patch to showed 50% CPU. It still occurred.
Based on what you said, I'll try creating a patch w/ nothing but amp & cab, and try again.
Yes but it's only one part of the problem . See unsupported modifier parameters in Ax8edit , it's more important

Yes but it's only one part of the problem . See unsupported modifier parameters in Ax8edit , it's more important

I'm seeing your point, Al... at least on the AX8. I've trimmed my patch down to 26%, and it STILL won't allow modifiers to be added on any parameters other than the ones Cliff already has them attached to.
Maybe this will work better on my AxeFx2. Hmmmm....

I'm seeing your point, Al... at least on the AX8. I've trimmed my patch down to 26%, and it STILL won't allow modifiers to be added on any parameters other than the ones Cliff already has them attached to.
Maybe this will work better on my AxeFx2. Hmmmm....
Yes, probably but it also happens on specific parameters on axefx2

This App looks super impressive, and im ready to purchase a copy, but since you can't demo it Ive got a few questions as far as using it with AxeFxIII:

- During performance, with or without FC6 for example, Is there any expected lag while changing presets like there is when the AxeEdit is connected? How about Scenes?

- What is the expectd lag from adjusting controls until hearing the change?

- Is there a noticeable lag between using a hardwire and wireless?

Is there an online in depth tutorial? Ive seen only intros like Todd's, which are great but not complete and comprehensive.

This is VERY impressive! Thanks.

Last edited:
This App looks super impressive, and im ready to purchase a copy, but since you can't demo it Ive got a few questions as far as using it with AxeFxIII:

- During performance, with or without FC6 for example, Is there any expected lags while changing presets like there is when the AxeEdit is connected? How about Scenes?

- What is the expectd lag from adjusting controls until hearing the change?

- Is there a noticeable lag between using a hardwire and wireless?

Is there an online in depth tutorial? Ive seen only intros like Todd's, which are great but not complete and comprehensive.

This is VERY impressive! Thanks.
Hi,
There are demos, a lot : free on Windows and Mac, and lite versions on iOS and Android. Try them out ;)

I don't have an fc so i can't tell but it should act just like when AxeEdit is there. Once again try with the lite version it's free.

Adjusting parameters acts immediately.

Wireless is slower than usb, of course (Bluetooth is slow )

Small tutorials are embedded in the app, and it's pretty straightforward . Check YouTube videos for "fracpad ", you can see interesting things ;)

Of course i'm available night and day to help

Hi,
There are demos, a lot : free on Windows and Mac, and lite versions on iOS and Android. Try them out ;)

I don't have an fc so i can't tell but it should act just like when AxeEdit is there. Once again try with the lite version it's free.

Adjusting parameters acts immediately.

Wireless is slower than usb, of course (Bluetooth is slow )

Small tutorials are embedded in the app, and it's pretty straightforward . Check YouTube videos for "fracpad ", you can see interesting things ;)

Of course i'm available night and day to help

This is really awesome, Thanks!

Bought the App and hooked it up. Ive got a few questions, please forgive me if this horse has been beat to death... couldn't find it in me to read 96 pages...;-) Thanks in advance!

• Can the controls continue from where they are no matter where you touch the knob, or do you have to touch the knob exactly on the portion marker in order to avoid a value jump?
  • Can the editor reflect selections made in AxeFx? For example: If i select a certain Block in AxeFx layout(it using the AxeFx hardware front panel) can the FracPad autiomatically show the controls for the selected block?
  • Can a block be muted/unmuted when is in editing mode?
  • Can the Tuner mute the audio like the hardware unit does and like the Axe Edit in this regard?

Last edited:
Bought the App and hooked it up. Ive got a few questions, please forgive me i this horse has been beat to death... couldn't find it in me to read 96 pages...;-) Thanks in advance!

• Can the controls continue from where they are no matter where you touch the knob, or do you have to touch the knob exactly on the portion marker in order to avoid a value jump?
  • Can the editor reflect selections made in AxeFx? For example: If i select a certain Block in AxeFx layout(it using the AxeFx hardware front panel) can the FracPad autiomatically show the controls for the selected block?
  • Can a block be muted/unmuted when is in editing mode?
  • Can the Tuner mute the audio like the hardware unit does and have like the Ae Edit this this regard?
No for everything.
Except mute unmute, if you mean bypass ?

Btw there are many parameters controls mode, you'll find one which suits you.
Definitely take time to understand settings window

Hey Al, Recently bought the app. Love the design and just about everything this app delivers when I tested the demo on my Android phone. So, I decided to download the purchased version of the app into my old tablet. Unfortunately, it's Android version is below 6.0, and the requirement is 6.0+, so I just wasted a key on that tablet. I bought a new tablet with Android 8.0 and will be getting it on

Hey Al, Recently bought the app. Love the design and just about everything this app delivers when I tested the demo on my Android phone. So, I decided to download the purchased version of the app into my old tablet. Unfortunately, it's Android version is below 6.0, and the requirement is 6.0+, so I just wasted a key on that tablet. I bought a new tablet with Android 8.0 and will be getting it on
It works on Android 6.0, you wasted nothing
It even works on 4.4

Last edited:
Hi, is FracPad I for iOS compatible with new Ares 1.0 for Axe FX II XL+? I already purchased the app, but haven't upgraded to Ares yet.

Back
Top Bottom