Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
FracPad III 3.11 is available !

- AxeFx III firmware 3.00 compatibility
- RTA parameters and graph accessible in Custom Screen mode !
- Blocks inputs and outputs VuMeters accessible in Custom Screen mode !
- Bug fixes : RealUI displays correctly on new amps, bluetooth presets names polling on gen2 is now slower but safer

Just wanted to give you my bricked UD-BT01 update. After an email exchange with Yamaha support, all I needed to do was supply them with my receipt (easily done as I purchased thru Amazon) and a new one is already shipped and will arrive Monday. Yay happy ending, and I'll certainly be more careful with future updates! Cheers

@ChrisAngela They are unreal - I just have to copy below, the response I received this afternoon from Yamaha Support:
Hello,
It turns out this very issue has become a known issue with Japan, which they are working on a resolution for. Until then, this will not be usable. Feel free to contact us periodically for updates (or contact dealer for possible return)
Best Regards,
Robert-
Yamaha Customer Support
(800) 854-1569

This will not be usable! Because our software locked up. Sorry... its your fault for buying a Yamaha product... UNREAL

Sorry to vent in your thread Al - sorry customer service just tics me off.

@ChrisAngela They are unreal - I just have to copy below, the response I received this afternoon from Yamaha Support:
Hello,
It turns out this very issue has become a known issue with Japan, which they are working on a resolution for. Until then, this will not be usable. Feel free to contact us periodically for updates (or contact dealer for possible return)
Best Regards,
Robert-
Yamaha Customer Support
(800) 854-1569

This will not be usable! Because our software locked up. Sorry... its your fault for buying a Yamaha product... UNREAL

Sorry to vent in your thread Al - sorry customer service just tics me off.
The update has been released but doesn't fix already bricked devices and won't...
Now can we stay on FracPad topic here ?
Feel free to create a Yamaha topic though ;)

Here's an update regarding the trouble I was having connecting the AX8 to Fracpad on the New 2018 iPad Pro with the USB-C connection.
The problem was the USB cable I was using. Apparently a USB 1 cable doesn't work and you need a USB 2 cable. I had tried different cables as the advice on Fracpad said but unfortunately I was switching to another USB 1 cable. I finally tried connecting my Arturia Keylab 88 to the iPad and it connected properly so I took the same cable (which was a newer cable) and the AX8 showed up properly.

I was using midimttr to see if the devices were recognized. Thanks to @Genghis for his help in trouble shooting this situation. I'm waiting for a Yamaha ud-bt01to show up now.

Here's an update regarding the trouble I was having connecting the AX8 to Fracpad on the New 2018 iPad Pro with the USB-C connection.
The problem was the USB cable I was using. Apparently a USB 1 cable doesn't work and you need a USB 2 cable. I had tried different cables as the advice on Fracpad said but unfortunately I was switching to another USB 1 cable. I finally tried connecting my Arturia Keylab 88 to the iPad and it connected properly so I took the same cable (which was a newer cable) and the AX8 showed up properly.

I was using midimttr to see if the devices were recognized. Thanks to @Genghis for his help in trouble shooting this situation. I'm waiting for a Yamaha ud-bt01to show up now.
Good news, so finally the new iPads should be compatible with axefx iii too?

Finally just bought FracPad. Love it! Only question—how can I switch back and forth between my AX8 and AXEIII? Don’t see any option to do this. Thanks.

Ok, now I’m having a problem with AX8 where it doesn’t read all the preset names. If I hit the refresh icon it doesn’t read names at all even when I change presets and sometimes it freezes and I have to reboot the unit.

Ok, now I’m having a problem with AX8 where it doesn’t read all the preset names. If I hit the refresh icon it doesn’t read names at all even when I change presets and sometimes it freezes and I have to reboot the unit.
Too much details ^^
Connection ? iDevice ?
Settings, log, etc. ..

Thanks for quick response. iOS. iPad (not the new one). What settings do you need? Not sure how to do a log.
Usual answer : If your bluetooth connection doesn't work, try USB. Or update your UD-BT01 and MD-BT01 to their latest firmwares

FracPad III is available, it adds AxeFx III support !

An upgrade program is available to existing customers : €14.99 on iOS and €9.99 on Android

I went on the App Store for Canada and the update is $48.00. I think that’s more than I paid for the app originally.

The good news is that FracPad is working totally fine with the 2018 iPad Pro and the Yamaha MD BT01.

I went on the App Store for Canada and the update is $48.00. I think that’s more than I paid for the app originally.

The good news is that FracPad is working totally fine with the 2018 iPad Pro and the Yamaha MD BT01.
Maybe because you changed your apple account , or had fracpad at a discount price... Contact me if you wanna upgrade i'll give you the right price ;)

Where did you find such a cable? The usb b to c cable I got does not work

Where did you find such a cable? The usb b to c cable I got does not work
I’m using an Apple adaptor USB-C to Usb female then I used the USB 2 cable. The way I know it’s a 2 cable is the black part inside the connector. The USB 1.1 connectors are supposedly white.

I find the whole thing very un-standardized. I noticed in another setup I have an old USB cable going into a USB interface that says USB 2 on the connector and it works fine so go figure.

Back
Top Bottom