Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Just checking if anyone is using FracPad III successfully with the AX8, the new 2018 iPad Pro and the Yamaha ud-bt01?

The 2018 iPad has a lightning connector. The 2018 iPad Pro has a USB-C connector. I want to confirm with someone who's actually using the iPad Pro 2018 before I spend $ on the Yamaha UD-BT01.

Last edited:
I just got the UD-M01, but have been too busy with other things I'll try to get out to the rehearsal hall and check within the next day or so. I couldnt get it going with just a cable, but figured I'd try it anyway with that.

I just got the UD-M01, but have been too busy with other things I'll try to get out to the rehearsal hall and check within the next day or so. I couldnt get it going with just a cable, but figured I'd try it anyway with that.
If you’re talking about the 2018 iPad Pro with “just a cable”, I’d love to know you’re results. I tried going direct and it didn’t work either.

If you’re talking about the 2018 iPad Pro with “just a cable”, I’d love to know you’re results. I tried going direct and it didn’t work either.
Yes, that's the one. I probably won't have time to do it tonight, but maybe tomorrow after work. Long rehearsal and I'm in veg on TV mode until bed time.

happens with the Mark IV
only if you go from grid to real amp view.

happens even on a blank preset when I just put in the amp block and use the IV

Great work, indeed.
I use the iPad and the windows version.
Nevertheless, the iPad version has still one - IMHO, and beg your pardon for the harsh word - weak point: the connection between pad and AXE.
Bluetooth is (for good reason) officially not supported.I tried ist just for curiosity and found the connection too unstable and unreliable.
On the other hand, a cable connection between pad and AXE is, of course, reliable but also uncomfortable, particularly at the need of long cable length.

There is probably an elegant solution.

Silex Technologies offers a bidirectional USB/IP LAN Gateway Model DS-600 and Model DS-520AN for either WLAN or LAN respectively.
I use the DS-600 for years now and found the gateway very stable and reliable over LAN and WLAN. I use it with AXE-III and AXE-FXII XL+ to edit/interchange their configurations without any complaints at all.

To come to the point: Silex offers a - free - Software Devopment Kit (SDK) for iOS, Android and Windows to integrate apps with the gateways.

Perhaps this SDK could bring you a very convenient and comfortable way to connect your FracPad via LAN/WLAN with the AXEs, without the need of weak Bluetooth devices or clumsy cables.

Great work, indeed.
I use the iPad and the windows version.
Nevertheless, the iPad version has still one - IMHO, and beg your pardon for the harsh word - weak point: the connection between pad and AXE.
Bluetooth is (for good reason) officially not supported.I tried ist just for curiosity and found the connection too unstable and unreliable.
On the other hand, a cable connection between pad and AXE is, of course, reliable but also uncomfortable, particularly at the need of long cable length.

There is probably an elegant solution.

Silex Technologies offers a bidirectional USB/IP LAN Gateway Model DS-600 and Model DS-520AN for either WLAN or LAN respectively.
I use the DS-600 for years now and found the gateway very stable and reliable over LAN and WLAN. I use it with AXE-III and AXE-FXII XL+ to edit/interchange their configurations without any complaints at all.

To come to the point: Silex offers a - free - Software Devopment Kit (SDK) for iOS, Android and Windows to integrate apps with the gateways.

Perhaps this SDK could bring you a very convenient and comfortable way to connect your FracPad via LAN/WLAN with the AXEs, without the need of weak Bluetooth devices or clumsy cables.
Which bluetooth midi adapter did you use ? Which fractal device was connected ?
The Silex looks interesting but i'd need to get one and they're not cheap ^^
It seems yamaha released a WL something midi over wifi adapter, i may try it soon

Which bluetooth midi adapter did you use ? Which fractal device was connected ?
The Silex looks interesting but i'd need to get one and they're not cheap ^^
It seems yamaha released a WL something midi over wifi adapter, i may try it soon

I used the "Quicco Sound mi.1 wireless MIDI adapter" .

Connected from iPad Pro and iPAd 6 to AXE-III and AXE-FXII XL+, either.
The connection was VERY weak even when I was standing right beside the AXE. Not satisfying at all. Indeed the test destroyed the patch I was testing with by erratically writes.

You're right, Silex isn't cheap, but it's excellent. I can recommend it, even for mor "serious" work than editing AXEs. Certainly you don't throw away your money for nothing.

Looks to me like that new YAMAHA adapter is for audio signal?
Seems to to me to only work in a prorietary way with proprietary Yamaha instruments. If I assume right, ist's useless for AXEs.
The solution with DS-600 I use and mentioned is transparent .... and working. I assure you.

I used the "Quicco Sound mi.1 wireless MIDI adapter" .

Connected from iPad Pro and iPAd 6 to AXE-III and AXE-FXII XL+, either.
The connection was VERY weak even when I was standing right beside the AXE. Not satisfying at all. Indeed the test destroyed the patch I was testing with by erratically writes.

You're right, Silex isn't cheap, but it's excellent. I can recommend it, even for mor "serious" work than editing AXEs. Certainly you don't throw away your money for nothing.
Then that's why, quicco doesn't work, use the Yamaha adapters ;)
(md-bt01 for axefxs)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom