Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
And this is another great solution for establishing a midi connection over wi-fi but it can do a lot more things, especially useful for those using more complex midi rigs. Midi over wi-fi is only available on windows and mac at the moment but it seems they're also working on Android and iOS apps.

PS: an OT question for @AlGrenadine that surely knows. Does the ax8 transmits PC messages (the ones you can configure per scene) over USB?

Last edited:
Great thanks to the master. After the last update of FracPad 1.14 build 2, everything works fine. On android via bluetooth, using UD-BT01. Does not lose parameters. It's good.

I couldn't reproduce. I add a modifier on the bp mode in Tremolo and can see it with no problem...
Ok, a video explaining the problem might be better as it sounds not clear what the problem is
Cannot upload the photos, here's a wetransfer link https://we.tl/bH6YCRpeuQ
  • UI of Axe Fx 2 : PAN (Tremolo) block bypass is linked to a modifier (enveloppe)
  • UI of Fracpad : modifier of PAN block bypass is not recognised (right side of the screenshot)
Hope it is clearer now

Regards

I have a request. Can you make a FracPad option like this one? I think it would be helpful. It's just a suggestion.

upload_2017-11-29_18-25-15.jpeg

Such a function would be useful in the concert hall. You could quickly check the sound of the guitar. The tablet would then be a portable pedalboard.

Last edited:
I have a request. Can you make a FracPad option like this one? I think it would be helpful. It's just a suggestion.

View attachment 43090

Such a function would be useful in the concert hall. You could quickly check the sound of the guitar. The tablet would then be a portable pedalboard.
Yes but it has no sense in the AxeFx world, just for AX8/FX8 so i'd have to find a common base for all fasDevices

Thanks for the answer. I understand what the problem is. This is a lot of work. But maybe there will be more users who would like to have this feature.

Newbie question here... if you're using the BT MIDI adapter cable... and want to use a Mastermind GT 16 for example... how would you connect that up? Doesn't it take up the port you'll need for the pedal board? Also... does the Win/MacOS version of FracTool/Axe Edit work via BT as well? It would be nice to be able to control the axe fx 2 XL+ unit wirelessly from your computer as well. Thanks! :)

Probably, if the Mac supports BTLE, this is out of my knowledge and out of the FracPad subject ;)
So as far as you know... to connect a Mac with Axe Edit, you would have to do a direct connect USB out from the axe fx right? (thanks again btw) would be nice to not be tethered on that solution as well :)

Every time I connect I get this 'file will be opened when connected to a FAS device' (I AM connected to an Axe Fx II). Something I should change somewhere in my aps ?

Back
Top Bottom