Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Not sure how it's implemented, but the main point of the product is to take a USB Midi signal and convert it to Bluetooth MIDI. Product page is at the link below if that provides any more detail. As I described, it works somewhat with FracPad and the AX8 initially but then things drop out.

This device is not a MIDI over USB device. Use the Yamaha UD-BT01 with the AX8

Hey AlGrenadine! Thanks for the app.

I have a question - how do I use cc linking? I have a Kontrol2 controller connected to an iPad and I get cc data from it on MIDI Wrench. In Fracpad I press "Link to CC#" on a parameter I'd like to control, then I get a "Move the controller to be assigned to .." but looks like Fracpad doesn't see the controller. Any suggestions? Thanks!
The MIDI CCs have to come from the AxeFx interface

Unfortunately. In me version 1.14 also works badly. Most of the parameters are 0.000 and can not be changed. I can do screenshot or movie. But I think you know what it is. I've done everything. Factory reset of the Samsung Tab A (Android 7.0). Several times installed on the AX8. And still bad. AX8 Edit on Windows works well.

Last edited:
Unfortunately. In me version 1.14 also works badly. Most of the parameters are 0.000 and can not be changed. I can do screenshot or movie. But I think you know what it is. I've done everything. Factory reset of the Samsung Tab A (Android 7.0). Several times installed on the AX8. And still bad. AX8 Edit on Windows works well.
Never experienced this problem
Uninstall and reinstall

In 1 post you write that it works. There is a link to MIDI BLE Connect. Now I do not know what's going on.
I write it doesn't work fully unless you use ios
And it's even written on the connection page in FracPad and everywhere in this thread...
Use a usb cable and it will work.
Or try to update your UD-BT01 firmware and maybe it will work better

Ok. I will use the cable. But I would like to try updating UD-BT1. How to do it?
You have to install the Yamaha ud md utility which is only available on the usa appstore, so only for iOS. So you must have access to an ios device at least for few minutes

I did. UD-BT01 was 1.00. Now is 1.04. It's a bit better. But still some parameters are 0.000. and they can not be changed.

This is similar to my experience with 1.14. At first, I had no parameter control on the FX8. After removing and reinstalling, I am able to control some parameters, but not all.

Back
Top Bottom