Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
After updating AX8 to 9.02, FracPad on Samsung Galaxy Tab A Android 7.0 does not work well. Loses parameters. I hope you will update. I bought a program and I want to use it.

Fracpad 1.13. I have tried 3 firmware, 8.02, 9.01 and 9.02. Everybody has different problems. On 8.02 is the least problem.

@AlGrenadine - just getting FracPad set up - looks great so far.

I know you recommend the UD-BT01, but have you had any experience working with the puc+ wireless bluetooth MIDI device? I have it plugged into the AX8 USB and it's connected to my iPad successfully. FracPad will recognize the AX8 (sometimes) and go into the main screen but doesn't do much from there. I can see the MIDI IN light going on the AX8 when sending MIDI thru other apps, so it seems to be communicating, but perhaps there's a timing issue going on? Anything to troubleshoot?

@AlGrenadine - just getting FracPad set up - looks great so far.

I know you recommend the UD-BT01, but have you had any experience working with the puc+ wireless bluetooth MIDI device? I have it plugged into the AX8 USB and it's connected to my iPad successfully. FracPad will recognize the AX8 (sometimes) and go into the main screen but doesn't do much from there. I can see the MIDI IN light going on the AX8 when sending MIDI thru other apps, so it seems to be communicating, but perhaps there's a timing issue going on? Anything to troubleshoot?
AX8 midi ports are not sysex functional so i will not work with any other device than the UD-BT01

Hey AlGrenadine! Thanks for the app.

I have a question - how do I use cc linking? I have a Kontrol2 controller connected to an iPad and I get cc data from it on MIDI Wrench. In Fracpad I press "Link to CC#" on a parameter I'd like to control, then I get a "Move the controller to be assigned to .." but looks like Fracpad doesn't see the controller. Any suggestions? Thanks!

is the puc+ a MIDI over usb device ?

Not sure how it's implemented, but the main point of the product is to take a USB Midi signal and convert it to Bluetooth MIDI. Product page is at the link below if that provides any more detail. As I described, it works somewhat with FracPad and the AX8 initially but then things drop out.

Back
Top Bottom