Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Upcoming version implements a very cool AxeChange browser.
What functionality should be implemented next?
- parameter midi cc control : control any parameter with a midi cc
- Firmware update notification
- Firmware upgrade
- RAC12 mode with custom pages for a user selected list of parameters
- Knob styles (like in real UI) selectable for the main ui knobs

Upcoming version implements a very cool AxeChange browser.
What functionality should be implemented next?
- parameter midi cc control : control any parameter with a midi cc
- Firmware update notification
- Firmware upgrade
- RAC12 mode with custom pages for a user selected list of parameters
- Knob styles (like in real UI) selectable for the main ui knobs
These are all the features I wished! Can't wait! ;)

Okay it wasn't clear :D
Let's say you add a page where you have 8 virtual knobs where you can assign 8 parameters to CCs (eg: CCs 1 to 8).
If you add for example 16 "page" buttons below those knobs each assigned to CCs 9 to 24 to change parameters assigned to knobs we could control 8X16= 128 different parameters.

I Imagine this would be great with controllers like behringer x-touch mini where you have 8 knobs and 16 buttons.
And I also Imagine this could be merged with the Rac12 mode.

Just an idea :)

Okay it wasn't clear :D
Let's say you add a page where you have 8 virtual knobs where you can assign 8 parameters to CCs (eg: CCs 1 to 8).
If you add for example 16 "page" buttons below those knobs each assigned to CCs 9 to 24 to change parameters assigned to knobs we could control 8X16= 128 different parameters.

I Imagine this would be great with controllers like behringer x-touch mini where you have 8 knobs and 16 buttons.
And I also Imagine this could be merged with the Rac12 mode.

Just an idea :)
This is the rac12 mode, nothing to do with parameters midi cc linking

This is the rac12 mode, nothing to do with parameters midi cc linking
Ok, so my wish is: add midi capability to the Rac12 mode (if it wasn't already your plan).
Or, in other words, merge midi cc linking feature and Rac12 mode.
Sorry but it seems I'm not able to explain it better in english

Ok, so my wish is: add midi capability to the Rac12 mode (if it wasn't already your plan)
It's 2 different things.
Ok i guess i'll add the midi cc thing. My question is how will fracpad receive midi ccs from the axefx? It will only if mfc echo out is active i guess

It's 2 different things.
Ok i guess i'll add the midi cc thing. My question is how will fracpad receive midi ccs from the axefx? It will only if mfc echo out is active i guess
I think you didn't get what I mean, no need to receive CCs from the axe fx :)

The function is midi cc linking, that is allowing any parameter to be controlled with midi cc.
What you want is just sending midi ccs, it's very straightforward and yes it will be part of the rac12 mode ;)

The function is midi cc linking, that is allowing any parameter to be controlled with midi cc.
What you want is just sending midi ccs, it's very straightforward and yes it will be part of the rac12 mode ;)
No I don't want to just send midi Ccs! Omg, language is really a barrier! :D

I'm gonna make a "graphical" explanation and post it ;)

OK, so here's how midi cc linking is currently implemented in axview

AxView.JPG

What I mean is to add some buttons like this..

AxView1.JPG

..so that, when pressing one of those buttons, parameters assigned to midi cc link will change like this. Let's call these buttons "cc link presets"

AxView2.JPG

If these buttons can be controlled by incoming midi CCs or PCs we could change "cc link presets" remotely with a midi controller.

Hope it's clear now :)

OK, so here's how midi cc linking is currently implemented in axview

View attachment 39118

What I mean is to add some buttons like this..

View attachment 39119

..so that, when pressing one of those buttons, parameters assigned to midi cc link will change like this. Let's call these buttons "cc link presets"

View attachment 39120

If these buttons can be controlled by incoming midi CCs or PCs we could change "cc link presets" remotely with a midi controller.

Hope it's clear now :)
So it's just parameters pages? Nothing to do with midi ccs specifically. That's what rac12 mode is...

Sure but unless you use an expensive midi controller or a DAW you'll be limited by the number of knobs on the controller itself, cheap controllers don't have presets.

Anyway, never mind, I give up

Sure but unless you use an expensive midi controller or a DAW you'll be limited by the number of knobs on the controller itself, cheap controllers don't have presets.

Anyway, never mind, I give up
Ok you want pages with the same midi cc assigned to the same knob positions. I'll have to think about it

Back
Top Bottom