Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Thanks for the answer.
The app is great. One small thing I'd like is the ability to keep the preset list open while I select different presets. Maybe I just don't know how to do this.
Also I notice the preset names don't show up until I select them once. Is there a way to poll the presets?
It's already there... pin button in the preset list

I’m just playing with Fracpad on a MBP with a touchpad. I looked at the tutorial but the gestures are obviously not the same for a touch pad.
I get a single tap to enable/disable a block.
A long press to view parameters.
I use 3 fingers to move a block.
A right mouse click opens context menu.
I don’t know how to delete a link.
it's the same gestures on mobile and on mac. Just right click is used for contect menu.
Also see the preferences...

And try more before anything ;)

I’m just playing with Fracpad on a MBP with a touchpad. I looked at the tutorial but the gestures are obviously not the same for a touch pad.
I get a single tap to enable/disable a block.
A long press to view parameters.
I use 3 fingers to move a block.
A right mouse click opens context menu.
I don’t know how to delete a link.
The gestures are the same.
Long press/right click = context menu.
Single press = see parameters
Double click = bypass

FracPad 1.08 is available on iOS/Android/Windows/Mac

- RAM usage lowered in order to allow correct functioning on iPad mini 1 and old iDevices.
- Faster operation when opening blocks parameters
- Firmware Q7.02 Compatibility
- NEW Real Amp (and drive) UI ! (Big thanks to Nero F. RoxXx)
- Improved scene names
- Improved big display mode
- many bug fixes

Available on the AppStore for iOS or on http://e-junkie.com/fracpad

IMG_0001.PNG

The gestures are the same.
Long press/right click = context menu.
Single press = see parameters
Double click = bypass
Thanks, these are working for me.
I still can't figure out the delete link. I'm not sure if it's a touch pad preference I have or what but I haven't figured out how to delete a link between blocks on a MBP.

Thanks, these are working for me.
I still can't figure out the delete link. I'm not sure if it's a touch pad preference I have or what but I haven't figured out how to delete a link between blocks on a MBP.
Long press on link, as stated in the tutorial

I'm doing something wrong then. I'm putting the mouse arrow on the link line between the the two blocks and pushing on the trackpad and holding it and nothing happens. It looks in the tutorial like the finger is on the block but when I do a long press on the block I just get the context menu.

Update- something is haywire. I did a long hold on an empty block above the one I was trying to unlink and it unlinked the block below. Is that right?

Last edited:
I'm doing something wrong then. I'm putting the mouse arrow on the link line between the the two blocks and pushing on the trackpad and holding it and nothing happens. It looks in the tutorial like the finger is on the block but when I do a long press on the block I just get the context menu.
Maybe a Mac bug, it's the first Mac version... Works perfectly on iOS/Android/Windows

That may be. See my update in the post above.
I've tried on Mac, it works. Don't click on a block but on the link itself (sometimes just the upper of the link), maintain the press and it will go...
Long press on empty blocks works as expected, opens context menu

I've tried on Mac, it works. Don't click on a block but on the link itself (sometimes just the upper of the link), maintain the pres sand it will go...
On my MBP it only works if I do a long press on the link of the block above the one I'm trying to unlink. Then it works levery time.
I tried adding blocks and links below and I got the same behaviour. I have to be on the link of the block above to get it to unlink with a long press. It's off by one row. At least I have a work-around.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if I already have axe edit on my mac then what would Fracpad mac version offer? Why wouldn't I just use axe edit?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if I already have axe edit on my mac then what would Fracpad mac version offer? Why wouldn't I just use axe edit?
Not stupid at all.
FracPad causes no audio dropouts.
It can display amp/drives real names as well as real UI.
It has a big display mode, a 2d controller mode.
It can open presets from every fasDevice.
It's more configurable.
It can attach modifiers even on unsupported parameters.
It can display scene names.
It displays original values a parameter had before you modified it.
It can link to the wiki of each parameter...

I may forget things...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom