Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Yes try everything you can, as i really can't help because i can't reproduce the problem... Also what fasDevice do you use and what connection to it?

I use it with AX8. USB connection with Apple camera connection kit.

Edit:
Airplane mode didn't help. The app will crash 100% sure if i touch to Cab blocks low cut parameter.

Edit 2:
Actually every parameter change will crash the app.

Last edited:
I use it with AX8. USB connection with Apple camera connection kit.

Edit:
Airplane mode didn't help. The app will crash 100% sure if i touch to Cab blocks low cut parameter.

Edit 2:
Actually every parameter change will crash the app.
Ok, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?
Also can you try to refine what crashes and what doesn't?

Ok, did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?
Also can you try to refine what crashes and what doesn't?

MY BAD!
Didn't remember, that my iPad Air was on iOS 10.3 BETA. I reverted it to official iOS 10.2 and so far everything works perfectly. Sorry about this.

Wow wow wow! Axewiki found for parameters! How cool is that?!

Only 30minutes of use and I feel, that I prefer to use this editor over the official one.

Wow wow wow! Axewiki found for parameters! How cool is that?!

Only 30minutes of use and I feel, that I prefer to use this editor over the official one.
^^ A lot of cool features have been added over AxeEdit, like original values, compare button, amp real names, scene names etc to name a few...

Byt the way, i think it would be interesting for me to try the ios 10.3 beta on my ipad air 2. Where can it be found ? It it easy to get back to 10.2.1 then ?

Reactions: DTS
^^ A lot of cool features have been added over AxeEdit, like original values, compare button, amp real names, scene names etc to name a few...

Byt the way, i think it would be interesting for me to try the ios 10.3 beta on my ipad air 2. Where can it be found ? It it easy to get back to 10.2.1 then ?

It is pretty easy to get beta and also revert back to original iOS.

https://idmsa.apple.com/IDMSWebAuth...path=//betaprogram/login_to_legal&rv=2&view=3

Update back to official iOS:
https://www.google.fi/amp/amp.imore.com/how-update-ios-10-beta-official-release

Tried the iOS 10.3 beta 3 on my iPad Air 2 and had absolutely no problem with FracPad...

I had beta 3 as well and Fracpad crashed always when i adjusted any parameter.

Actually now the fracpad crashed once with official iOS 10.2 too, when i was setting tap tempo. But this is A LOT more stable now on the official iOS.

I had beta 3 as well and Fracpad crashed always when i adjusted any parameter.

Actually now the fracpad crashed once with official iOS 10.2 too, when i was setting tap tempo. But this is A LOT more stable now on the official iOS.
No crash at all on iPad Air 2 iOS 10.3, even doing crazy things very quick etc...

Reactions: DTS
Nothing else seems to crash the app in here, except tap tempo. I did some grazy fast changing with parameters, jumped between presets and cabs... Everything fine.

FracPad 1.06 may crash with Q7 firmware on AxeFx.
However, there's a simple workaround : disable automatic cab names polling at startup. This can be done while not connected to your AxeFx. Then connect and you're done...

A new version is waiting for Apple's approval for this problem, it also fixes few bugs and adds few improvments.

I wonder if anyone tried this. The problem I have is when I use remote desktop on my Ipad to connect to my PC, the axe edit connection doesn't work with my axe fx connected via USB on my PC.

So, can FracPad work this way:

FracPad on my Ipad, connecting via wifi to my PC that has my axe fx connected in USB? Bascially all we need is midi transmission, the PC acting as a midi thru...

The reason is I'm playing in my live room and the axe is racked in my control room. I want to control it from my live room.

I wonder if anyone tried this. The problem I have is when I use remote desktop on my Ipad to connect to my PC, the axe edit connection doesn't work with my axe fx connected via USB on my PC.

So, can FracPad work this way:

FracPad on my Ipad, connecting via wifi to my PC that has my axe fx connected in USB? Bascially all we need is midi transmission, the PC acting as a midi thru...

The reason is I'm playing in my live room and the axe is racked in my control room. I want to control it from my live room.

I maybe should have mentioned this earlier, but yes you can do this, at least on OSX! Saves buying a BT MIDI device if you are just using it like how you are.
I followed the approach outlined here http://coffeeshopped.com/2015/05/us...r-iphone-to-your-computer-and-hardware-synths

You just choose Network Session as source & make sure live routing in OSX audio/midi setup is set for axe-fx in/out.

Message to ios betatesters : be quick to download the 1.07 beta, it will only be available until the apple review team accepts it for release

Back
Top Bottom