Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Try disabling presets and cabs names polling in options before connecting.
But your firmware definitions are probably corrupted...
FracPad 1.05 is beeing reviewed by Apple, it includes stock q7 definitions
Any other ideas? I've disabled cab and preset polling with no change on the lock ups other than it fires back up quicker. I downloaded the new version of the app and now it is completely unusable. I can't do anything without it locking up. This is in the mini. It is working fine on my iPhone 6 although I still can't figure out how to move a block.

Recently bought a Android 6.0 tablet to use with FracPad along with an OTG adapter. Downloaded your demo version and device connects to AX8 firmware 6.02, runs thru the cab names, and then starts preset names and gets almost to the end and locks up. Any known issues or something I need to update? I read most of the posts but it's lengthy now so might have missed something. Will buy app if I can get it working.

Any other ideas? I've disabled cab and preset polling with no change on the lock ups other than it fires back up quicker. I downloaded the new version of the app and now it is completely unusable. I can't do anything without it locking up. This is in the mini. It is working fine on my iPhone 6 although I still can't figure out how to move a block.
Try a wired connection, otherwise i have absolutely no idea :/
Maybe uninstall reinstall?

Moving a block : click on it, keep your finger pressed and move then drop on an highlighted rectangle

Do you want to be part of the betatesters? This way i could send you early versions and try to find what happens with your iPad mini
If yes, please send me your mail address used on your apple account in pm

Last edited:
Recently bought a Android 6.0 tablet to use with FracPad along with an OTG adapter. Downloaded your demo version and device connects to AX8 firmware 6.02, runs thru the cab names, and then starts preset names and gets almost to the end and locks up. Any known issues or something I need to update? I read most of the posts but it's lengthy now so might have missed something. Will buy app if I can get it working.
Please send me (in private) the fracpad_log.txt file found in downloads folder

Hi, does anybody know if it's possible to control the channels on the AXE XL II using FRACPAD with the yamaha MD-BT01 and a bluetooth pedal like the iRig BlueBoard or the Positive Grid BT4? Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Lost half an hour trying to figure out why fracpad wouldn't work on a user's iPad via Bluetooth on an axefx...
Then the user sent a picture... He had the wrong yamaha interface!
Omg... I'm so bored

For the 100th time :
AxeFx => MD-BT01
AX8 => UD-BT01

If you don't understand why just trust me, i'm also tired of explaining why.
It's mentioned in the video too, i didn't mention it by hazard or for fun...

Unfortunately Al, you have no control on whether people listen/read AND comprehend the information you provide. As you know, that says nothing about you, but it screams volumes about them.

Personally, I feel your video completely clarified every question I had about the use of FracPad ands its connections to the Fractal units.

Lost half an hour trying to....
For the 100th time :
AxeFx => MD-BT01
AX8 => UD-BT01
Oh my, I feel you :(
How the hell this can be so difficult to understand. It´s like playing guitar without guitar cable, testicles between screw bench and screw it bit by bit hoping to get guitar tone. And all you get is big man crying!

Thanks for the great update again!
That big buttons "pedal board" mode is very handy! They are big enough to use from the phone.
I hope it could have one row for the scenes also and maybe you could drag those buttons where you want them to be?
But even now, this is the best feature for now, I likeee!

Emergency! I'm at band practice and FracPad is not working in my iPhone 6. It appears it's working but when I look at a block all the values show zero. Help!

Wasn't an option last night but I will try that today and see what happens. It was working perfectly at home, go to BP to show off my wireless setup and get shut down! Always something!

As mentioned earlier, your Bluetooth seems to have problems... That may cause corrupted firmware definitions and other problems...

Lost half an hour trying to figure out why fracpad wouldn't work on a user's iPad via Bluetooth on an axefx...
Then the user sent a picture... He had the wrong yamaha interface!
Omg... I'm so bored

For the 100th time :
AxeFx => MD-BT01
AX8 => UD-BT01

Yeah I'd say people need to read the very first post in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom