Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Al,
As I wrote in a previous post, your app is a perfect excuse to buy a tablet ;-)
But now I started experimenting with other MIDI apps. (MIDI commander)
One thing I wanted to do is the following:
Create a screen with buttons to control the Pitch shifter/harmonizer in the Axe-Fx
I attached a controller to the Key, Voice1 and Voice2.
I do this with my MIDI controller as well.
But it's easy while experimenting with the pitch shifter/harmonizer that I can switch these parameters very easily.
So I have a screen with buttons for each key, for the intervals, for switching between X(Pitch) and Y(harmonizer) and for turning the pitch shifter on and off.
On thing I'm missing is linked (or grouped) toggles.
I have a sneaking suspicion you could make this more efficiently.
I'm just thinking out loud...
Would it be possible to make a MIDI app that where you can combine buttons, sliders, knobs and all that...
Or should I be looking at the Lemur app for that?
Or would it be possible to make a page in your FracPad app that somehow incorporates this functionality?
This way we could test the controller functionality without a MIDI controller pedal.

Rick.jpg

Thanks. Unfortunately (as communicate via email) v1.03 won't load on my Galaxy Tab2 running Android 4.2.2. I use the Tab2 for chord/lyrics at some gigs and it would be perfect to also be able to run Fracpad on it.

I did get it loaded and authorized on a phone running Android 6 but I haven't connected to the Axe yet (tonight...). At some point over the holidays, I will try to load Cyanogenmod on the Tab2 as Android 4.2.2 runs slowly on it anyway. In the meantime, please let me know if you would like me to try any subsequent versions on 4.2.2. I'd be glad to beta test.

Thanks. Unfortunately (as communicate via email) it won't load on my Galaxy Tab2 running Android 4.2.2. I did get it running on a phone running Android 6 (haven't connected to the Axe yet). At some point over the holidays, I will try to load Cyanogenmod on the Tab2 as Android 4.2.2 runs slowly on it anyway. In the meantime, please let me know if you would like me to try any subsequent versions on 4.2.2. I'd be glad to beta test.
Yes, i'll send you a beta in order to understand why it doesn't work on your device, please use emails ;)

So 1.03b finally works on my Galaxy 10.1. Looking great so far, only the help and scene buttons could be a little larger. Also I couldn't find a footswitch setup page. Anything I missed?

Incredible, FracPad 1.03 has been submitted to Apple Friday and it's still not reviewed and published... F**k apple, the biggest scam in the world

Apple refused it because the video demo wasn't updated... So i guess you'll have to wait another 3 days !
I pay 99€/year Apple to have them pass 3 days to "review" (just watching the video demo) my app... If someone on this earth is a little bit impartial, he must hate Apple

Apple refused it because the video demo wasn't updated... So i guess you'll have to wait another 3 days !
I pay 99€/year Apple to have them pass 3 days to "review" (just watching the video demo) my app... If someone on this earth is a little bit impartial, he must hate Apple
I bet it never gets reviewed by the same guy twice. Maybe all you have to do is change the date on the file.

And yes, GoogAppleSoft is an unholy trinity in the ownership and control of human lives.

Having initially been told that I would have to wait until March 2017 before any local suppliers had the Yamaha MD-BT01 in stock (sometimes it sucks to be so far from anywhere!), my ebay purchase arrived from Japan yesterday. I plugged it in, fired up midimittr and Fracpad, and, after some fiddling around to set the 'clients' up in midimittr, it worked like a dream.

For me it's solved the 'missing link'. I now have wireless guitar, wireless IEM and wireless control of the Axe FX via FracPad. Brilliant!

Thanks @AlGrenadine for all your hard work. Hang in there with your frustrations with Apple & co. We (the users) appreciate it!

For reference, I'm using an iPad 3 (serial A1430), iOS 9.3.5, Axe FX II Mk II (Q6.01), Yamaha MD-BT01

For me, I now have Positive Grid BT4 bluetooth pedal and with quick tests I can say it works with Axe-Fx and Yamaha MD-BD01 and FracPad. Currently Im switching scenes with it. And there is one good option to press the button long time and it will move to other bank and I will get 4 other scenes, so all 8 is covered. Bad thing is that cc mode is somekind of stomp box mode, so it will keep those button lights on and off randomly as you press them now. Thats my second brainer now...
Not even sure what all I did now, since I have MidiBridge app there too and im just learning this stuff.
But now Im all wireless with iPad and pedalboard, this is very good and you can get stuff in very small space.
So very cool stuff and I´m sure it will get even better!
More beer, eyes are moving!!

Back
Top Bottom