Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I just watched the intro video. You have chosen to use the 'real' names for things rather than the Fractal name. For example you use Vox Ac15 rather than class a 15. That is a big problem for me. Could you make an option to use the Fractal names instead. The other thing makes my head spin.

Full disclosure, I will probably not buy anyway. I already have a tablet running AX8edit for when I am on the road. It works, but I hardly ever use it. So the few times, I do use it, I want it to work just like my computer at home.
Please try everything in fracpad and don't ask for something that's already there ;)
Check the options menu. . .

I must admit that this is something, I have wanted for a looooong time, and I always thought, I would buy this the second, it became available. The problem is that while I waited, I found other solutions (i.e. a Win10 tablet). So I have been going back and forth on, whether this app solves a real problem for me. If it would have worked wirelessly with the Quiccos and the AX8, I would have jumped on board, but as long as I still have to hook up with a cable, I am thinking no. (so far - it might change)

I think, you deserve all the credit in the world for making the tool. I really think it was needed for a long time, and it still is. I may be a customer in the future but not right now :)

Update: I've installed midimttr and it recognizes the mi.1 interface but Fracpad crashes in the "requesting cab names" screen. Running iPad Pro, XL+ and Quicco Sound Mi.1 FYI. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and purtchase the Yamaha interface.

Went through the entire thread and this looks like an awesome product. Couldn't figure out though, will it be compatible with an Ipad 2? Will it run with the Apple style camera connection kits? 30-pin or lightning --> USB for direct connection between tablet and AxeFX?

Edit: Also, with all due respect, what is the expectation of the lifespan of this app? Let us not forget AxePad, and the fact that there are new parameters in virtually every new firmward Cliff releases. Will the app evolve with the hardware?

Many, many thanks for creating an Android app! Fracpad is fantastic on my Nvidia Shield K1 tablet. I seem to be in the minority but as I'm invested in the Google eco-system, I fully appreciate the time to make a non-iOS mobile app.
T'was money very well spent!

Thanks for your amazing effort, really appreciate it. I'm just waiting to see if someone confirm it works with Yamaha's bt1 and any android 6.0 device to jump into.

Edit: I'm using an FX2 MK2

A cheap Acer tablet $99, it runs Win10
Care to share the model?
I was thinking for some time now to get a cheap tablet runing WIN just for that "out of the studio" situations where i need to tweek something and dont have my laptop with me.
Thanks.

Went through the entire thread and this looks like an awesome product. Couldn't figure out though, will it be compatible with an Ipad 2? Will it run with the Apple style camera connection kits? 30-pin or lightning --> USB for direct connection between tablet and AxeFX?

Edit: Also, with all due respect, what is the expectation of the lifespan of this app? Let us not forget AxePad, and the fact that there are new parameters in virtually every new firmward Cliff releases. Will the app evolve with the hardware?

No, on the axefx you'll need a 3rd party midi interface, read the op ;)
The app will evolve with firmwares, i can't know what new hardware will be released and hiw it will work.

works on iPad 3?
Yes

Thanks for your amazing effort, really appreciate it. I'm just waiting to see if someone confirm it works with Yamaha's bt1 and any android 6.0 device to jump into.

Edit: I'm using an FX2 MK2

I'd like to know too ;)

No, on the axefx you'll need a 3rd party midi interface, read the op ;)
The app will evolve with firmwares,

Fair enough. I thought AxeFX was class compliant and could possibly work using a camera kit and the USB from the AxeFX. I guess it isn't feasible right now, but that would be pretty cool :) Thanks for your reply!

Fair enough. I thought AxeFX was class compliant and could possibly work using a camera kit and the USB from the AxeFX. I guess it isn't feasible right now, but that would be pretty cool :) Thanks for your reply!
It's not class compliant but you can access it via USB on Android FracPad version because Google is dev-compliant, not Apple ;)

Back
Top Bottom