Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I loved the interface on the "original" iPad Axe-Fx editor, called Axe for Lemur. Original developer dropped it. Someone else picked it up, but didn't want to partner with anyone to promote it. I offered but he wanted to lone-gun it, do it his way, and nothing happened.

I wish I could've participated in development of this new iPad app!!

The worst part of Axe-Edit is it doesn't dedicate the entire screen to editing parameters, and that has unfortunately been carried over into this app. Only half the screen is usable for editing parameters.
512940.jpg

The best thing about the original iPad editor is it dedicated the entire screen to editing parameters.
For example: look what was possible on this editor back in 2012, and it worked over wireless. That's over 30 parameters, available in a single window, and you never lost access to the basic amp parameters, something I despise about Axe-Edit.
7747019898_0dbd3337e3_c.jpg

Here's another: you could edit Compressor AND Drive blocks in a single window
7747019542_773042cc8f_c.jpg

As you can see, selecting a block didn't take up half the useable interface, they're out of the way in bottom row of green buttons. If you needed to access routing, you had this baby below. And you could still select blocks to edit, choose your scenes, and set scene level. And...the buttons were big enough for your fingers.
12635009325_14b94a49f6_z.jpg

I'll shut up and let the adoration flow. I was hoping someone would come up a better iPad interface than Axe-Edit. That said, this will still be faster because you're not using a mouse. Great job on making it look familiar and work well, and I recommend buying despite my whining about the interface.

Wow @AlGrenadine, you must be proud, this software looks superb!! Well done and thank you in advance!!

Do you think it will work with my iPad Mini (first version, same insides as the original iPad 2)?

Awesome! Count me in too. I have been using my laptop or pc but I already use my iPad on my mic stand when I play so this will be great.

I loved the interface on the "original" iPad Axe-Fx editor, called Axe for Lemur. Original developer dropped it. Someone else picked it up, but didn't want to partner with anyone to promote it. I offered but he wanted to lone-gun it, do it his way, and nothing happened.

I wish I could've participated in development of this new iPad app!!

The worst part of Axe-Edit is it doesn't dedicate the entire screen to editing parameters, and that has unfortunately been carried over into this app. Only half the screen is usable for editing parameters.
512940.jpg

The best thing about the original iPad editor is it dedicated the entire screen to editing parameters.
For example: look what was possible on this editor back in 2012, and it worked over wireless. That's over 30 parameters, available in a single window, and you never lost access to the basic amp parameters, something I despise about Axe-Edit.
7747019898_0dbd3337e3_c.jpg

Here's another: you could edit Compressor AND Drive blocks in a single window
7747019542_773042cc8f_c.jpg

As you can see, selecting a block didn't take up half the useable interface, they're out of the way in bottom row of green buttons. If you needed to access routing, you had this baby below. And you could still select blocks to edit, choose your scenes, and set scene level. And...the buttons were big enough for your fingers.
12635009325_14b94a49f6_z.jpg

I'll shut up and let the adoration flow. I was hoping someone would come up a better iPad interface than Axe-Edit. That said, this will still be faster because you're not using a mouse. Great job on making it look familiar and work well, and I recommend buying despite my whining about the interface.
Don't assume false things. . . You can adjust sizes and have the parameters only in the window if the layout takes at least half of your screen 's height ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom