Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I thought I clicked on every link there was, but I finally clicked the correct link in performance mode that added a new song. Very embarrassed I missed it before. Thank you very much for creating this application and helping me out.
Don't be embarrassed. @AlGrenadine 's user interface is so radically streamlined that it's easy to miss the simple solution while you're looking for a more complex one. :)

Hello,
I'm trying to make FracPad work :)
I don't really understand, on the Wiki, you say you need a Midi-USB interface to communicate with an Axe-FX 2.
I tried out of curiosity to connect my Axe FX 2 XL with an iPad Pro with a USB -> USB-C adapter and I manage to interact with my Axe FX !
Here's my question: I can change my options on my amp blocks but when I tap on, for example, a distortion block, I can't change anything.
Same thing if I want to load my preset list, I have a list without the preset names but I can change them without any problem.
Is this a limitation because I used the Lite version of FracPad or some bugs in the software?

Best regards !

Kevin Jacot-D.

Hello,
I'm trying to make FracPad work :)
I don't really understand, on the Wiki, you say you need a Midi-USB interface to communicate with an Axe-FX 2.
I tried out of curiosity to connect my Axe FX 2 XL with an iPad Pro with a USB -> USB-C adapter and I manage to interact with my Axe FX !
Here's my question: I can change my options on my amp blocks but when I tap on, for example, a distortion block, I can't change anything.
Same thing if I want to load my preset list, I have a list without the preset names but I can change them without any problem.
Is this a limitation because I used the Lite version of FracPad or some bugs in the software?

Best regards !

Kevin Jacot-D.
Hey

You need a midi adapter because the usb of the axefx2 needs a driver. It worked when you tried because you first connected your axefx2 to your computer which loaded the driver in the axefx. If you reboot your axefx2 it will not work anymore. So YOU NEEED A MIDI INTERFACE.

Lite version only allows Amp parameters to be accessed. It's just a demo version

For the preset list names use the refresh button in the preset list

You also have the MD-bt01 option for wireless operating

Last edited:
In global button, in edit mode
A new custom screen mode is beeing developed and will allow you to put the scene name in the whole screen if that's what you need

What I'm looking for is a guide to tell me which of the 8 footswitches I need to stomp next. So, no, not looking to see a single scene name on the screen. Looking for something like this, as an example:

upload_2018-11-24_11-14-57.png

FS 1 through 5 are the custom scene names you allow us to add.
FS 6 through 8 are simply the assigned block names for those switches.

So, maybe, for each footswitch, allow these options to be the displayed string on this screen:
- Block name
- Scene Name (either the default such as "Scene 1" or the custom names, e.g. "Intro Riff".

And, thank you for how engaged you are with users! Much appreciated.

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-24_11-11-19.png
    upload_2018-11-24_11-11-19.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 4
What I'm looking for is a guide to tell me which of the 8 footswitches I need to stomp next. So, no, not looking to see a single scene name on the screen. Looking for something like this, as an example:

View attachment 50797

FS 1 through 5 are the custom scene names you allow us to add.
FS 6 through 8 are simply the assigned block names for those switches.

So, maybe, for each footswitch, allow these options to be the displayed string on this screen:
- Block name
- Scene Name (either the default such as "Scene 1" or the custom names, e.g. "Intro Riff".

And, thank you for how engaged you are with users! Much appreciated.
Then you need to develop it yourself ;) it's too specific need

You also have the footswitch mode for ax8 and fx8

I bought the app earlier this year. Is it really intended that the upgrade price should be $33?
Is the one I bought not going to be fixed if it stops working? I don’t have an Axe III...

I bought the app earlier this year. Is it really intended that the upgrade price should be $33?
Is the one I bought not going to be fixed if it stops working? I don’t have an Axe III...
It depends on the price you paid the app. If you got it at last black Friday then maybe.
Apple doesn't let me fix the upgrade price, only how much the bundle fracpad 1 + fracpad III costs... Then Apple decides how much you pay
Send me a pm we'll find a solution ;)

Hey

You need a midi adapter because the usb of the axefx2 needs a driver. It worked when you tried because you first connected your axefx2 to your computer which loaded the driver in the axefx. If you reboot your axefx2 it will not work anymore. So YOU NEEED A MIDI INTERFACE.

Lite version only allows Amp parameters to be accessed. It's just a demo version

For the preset list names use the refresh button in the preset list

You also have the MD-bt01 option for wireless operating
Will the FracPad III covert Axe Fx II files so I can drop them into my Axe Fx III?? Thank you so much!

It depends on the price you paid the app. If you got it at last black Friday then maybe.
Apple doesn't let me fix the upgrade price, only how much the bundle fracpad 1 + fracpad III costs... Then Apple decides how much you pay
Send me a pm we'll find a solution ;)
Will the FracPad III convert Axe Fx II files so I can drop them into my Axe Fx III?? Thank you very much!

Important message to all UD/MD-BT01 users !!!

Never update your UD/MD utility to 1.0.5 version, it will brick your UD/MD-BT01 !
Wait for Yamaha to fix their code... OMG, they bricked mine, Yamaha sucks so much...

Reactions: Rex
Important message to all UD/MD-BT01 users !!!

Never update your UD/MD utility to 1.0.5 version, it will brick your UD/MD-BT01 !
Wait for Yamaha to fix their code... OMG, they bricked mine, Yamaha sucks so much...
Thanks, @AlGrenadine .

Bricked it, eh? No hope for recovery?

Thanks, @AlGrenadine .

Bricked it, eh? No hope for recovery?
No, i've contacted Yamaha but their support is shit... Even flashing back to 1.0.4 doesn't help, because their shit software sent the UD-BT01 firmware to the MD-BT01 ! Total noob error on their side...
So now my MD-BT01 is detected as a UD-BT01 but, of course, doesn't work

Back
Top Bottom