Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Questions RE: FracPad / Axe-Fx II XL+ / other DIN MIDI device

-Axe-Fx plugged into MacBook
-iPad connects to MacBook over BT
-in Ableton Live the iPad is routed to the Axe-Fx on 2 channels (IN + OUT)

FracPad works perfectly like this.

But, if I plug in my LF+ JR+ foot controller into the MIDI in port (powered over 7-Pin) the floor unit starts receiving data that is forcing the real-time patch name display to show weird characters. If FracPad's routing is disabled in Ableton the LF+ returns to normal function - no weird stuff. I guess this is some kind of MIDI loop?

I tried to connect both via the MacBook as a MIDI hub of sorts but the LF+ doesn't work 100% properly if it's not connected directly to the Axe-Fx's MIDI IN port so the problem remains unsolved.

Is it possible to have FracPad and a DIN MIDI device connected to an Axe-Fx II simultaneously?

What conditions should exist for this to work?

Thanks.

Questions RE: FracPad / Axe-Fx II XL+ / other DIN MIDI device

-Axe-Fx plugged into MacBook
-iPad connects to MacBook over BT
-in Ableton Live the iPad is routed to the Axe-Fx on 2 channels (IN + OUT)

FracPad works perfectly like this.

But, if I plug in my LF+ JR+ foot controller into the MIDI in port (powered over 7-Pin) the floor unit starts receiving data that is forcing the real-time patch name display to show weird characters. If FracPad's routing is disabled in Ableton the LF+ returns to normal function - no weird stuff. I guess this is some kind of MIDI loop?

I tried to connect both via the MacBook as a MIDI hub of sorts but the LF+ doesn't work 100% properly if it's not connected directly to the Axe-Fx's MIDI IN port so the problem remains unsolved.

Is it possible to have FracPad and a DIN MIDI device connected to an Axe-Fx II simultaneously?

What conditions should exist for this to work?

Thanks.
Disable usb adapter mode or contact lf to fix their code

This is a great product! There are two simple things that I think would make it so much better:

1. The "Use Real UI" mode (for amps and drive pedals) is great. Instead of being a on/off preference that makes it mutually exclusive with the extensive controls, it should simply be another tab of the amp/drive UI.

2. It would be great if, on Windows, the knobs were controllable by the mouse scroll wheel (like the AXE-Edit program). I know the UI is optimized for mobile (where that does not make sense), but it's just about a great replacement for AXE-Edit in almost every way (the best part is not having to pause the connection to avoid stutters in the sound).

Again, great product! Thank you,

Z

This is a great product! There are two simple things that I think would make it so much better:

1. The "Use Real UI" mode (for amps and drive pedals) is great. Instead of being a on/off preference that makes it mutually exclusive with the extensive controls, it should simply be another tab of the amp/drive UI.

2. It would be great if, on Windows, the knobs were controllable by the mouse scroll wheel (like the AXE-Edit program). I know the UI is optimized for mobile (where that does not make sense), but it's just about a great replacement for AXE-Edit in almost every way (the best part is not having to pause the connection to avoid stutters in the sound).

Again, great product! Thank you,

Z
Yes, the mouse wheel thing could easily be done ;)

I just tried this out on Windows. I was expecting this to solve my problem of, while performing, knowing which scene to go to (via footswitch) by looking at the custom labels on the screen. But that doesn't seem like what it does. Maybe I'm missing it. I'd like this screen to be able to have anything I want ... e.g. "Intro", "interlude", "Big lead". Is that possible?

upload_2018-11-21_9-24-12.png

I just tried this out on Windows. I was expecting this to solve my problem of, while performing, knowing which scene to go to (via footswitch) by looking at the custom labels on the screen. But that doesn't seem like what it does. Maybe I'm missing it. I'd like this screen to be able to have anything I want ... e.g. "Intro", "interlude", "Big lead". Is that possible?

View attachment 50748
1.20 ??
Use latest FracPad III 3.05, check "name scenes" in settings if you don't use an AxeFx III.
But if you want the footswitch mode to display scene names, no it's not its goal at all...
Use big display mode

Yes I'm using the latest...I just grabbed that screen front a demo.
This looks workable, as I can review the scenes names and remind myself what is what, and I may even keep the scene drop down list dropped down so I can see all the names.
One thing I can't find... How to set any midi CC info, like axedit does... Per scene? That's how I control my bigsky reverb.

Yes I'm using the latest...I just grabbed that screen front a demo.
This looks workable, as I can review the scenes names and remind myself what is what, and I may even keep the scene drop down list dropped down so I can see all the names.
One thing I can't find... How to set any midi CC info, like axedit does... Per scene? That's how I control my bigsky reverb.
In global button, in edit mode
A new custom screen mode is beeing developed and will allow you to put the scene name in the whole screen if that's what you need

If any one is using FracPad III with the AX8 and a Yamaha UD BT-01 and the Nov 2018 iPad Pro specifically I'd love to know.

I'm seeking clarity regarding the Yamaha UD-BT01 for Bluetooth. With this I could use my Ipad, the fracpad app, AxeFX III, and not need a camera connection kit?

Last edited:
I'm seeking clarity regarding the Yamaha UD-BT01 for Bluetooth. With this I could use my Ipad, the fracpad app, AxeFX III, and not need a camera connection kit?
Yes, for ax8 only.
For axefx2 and 3, you need the MD-bt01 not the UD

It's already clearly stated in the wiki and the op

I loaded the Windows version of FracPad III 3.05 on my laptop. I found the import/export set lists feature, but I can't find how to create a set list from within Fracpad. I find "setup" and "options" gear icon, but I can't locate a "settings" option (to change from edit to performace modes) that is referred to in an earlier post. Sorry if this info is posted somewhere and I just didn't see it.

Last edited:
I loaded the Windows version of FracPad III 3.05 on my laptop. I found the import/export set lists feature, but I can't find how to create a set list from within Fracpad. I find "setup" and "options" gear icon, but I can't locate a "settings" option that is referred to in an earlier post. Sorry if this info is posted somewhere and I just didn't see it.
It's called performance mode, in the home button

Settings is topright button

I go into performance mode using the Home icon, then clicked on the gear at the top right to open the options window. I have attached a picture of my current settings. I feel like an idiot, but I just can't figure which option to enable or disable from that window that will allow me to edit. My laptop is not a touch screen. I apologize for my ignorance.
Options.JPG

I go into performance mode using the Home icon, then clicked on the gear at the top right to open the options window. I have attached a picture of my current settings. I feel like an idiot, but I just can't figure which option to enable or disable from that window that will allow me to edit. My laptop is not a touch screen. I apologize for my ignorance.
View attachment 50782
Why do you want to go in options to create a set.
Click on the set add button then add songs with song add or add songs from other sets with the combo box

I thought I clicked on every link there was, but I finally clicked the correct link in performance mode that added a new song. Very embarrassed I missed it before. Thank you very much for creating this application and helping me out.

Back
Top Bottom