Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Thanks @AlGrenadine for all your hard work. Hang in there with your frustrations with Apple & co. We (the users) appreciate it!

Incredible, this morning the app got rejected. Motivation : It displays "Android" on the welcome screen !!! believe it ?!
I think some of Apple's store rules are clearly illegal and against antitrust laws...

So here is the decision : now iOS versions will only be released every 2 versions, i have no time for waiting one week for an app approval. F**K APPLE !

FracPad 1.03 is available on Android, will maybe be available before 2017 on iOS if Apple moves...

Here is the changelog :

- Blocks bypass states can optionally be polled in order to display in-sync bypass states when engaging IAs from foot controller...
- Android activation is now a lot easier
- iOS axechange or other downloadable syx preset files support
- 2D touch expression mode (accessed in topleft menu) : Allows you to control 2 midi CCs simultaneously, one on the X axis, the other on the Y axis. Assign these midi CCs to modifiers and you're done :)
- AX8 global EQs can be accessed
- Scenes page added in output and loop blocks
- Reverb/Delay mix parameter problem fixed (Android only, iOS in 1.04)

Last edited:
No returns, no requests, no bugs?

I'm not complaining guys, but either the app is perfect or it's not used a lot ^^
Maybe a 3rd explanation?

I'm not complaining guys, but either the app is perfect or it's not used a lot ^^
Maybe a 3rd explanation?
How do you prefer to be notified of bugs? Via this thread or direct message?

I'll be checking out 1.03 in more detail this weekend but here are a couple of things I noted:
- I'm having trouble getting a preset to work when starting from scratch. If I start with a completely blank preset and connect the input gate to the output gate, I don't get any sound.
- I couldn't get the Looper to work. I added the Looper block to an existing preset but it looks like there is some misalignment of the labels for Record, Play etc. No combination of buttons would record the loop and play it back.

That's all I've found so far. It's pretty near perfect for me so far.

Maybe a 3rd explanation?
I was using FracPad with my old iPad (second generation) stuck on iOS 6.1 and it was working. But now with 1.03 it opens and closes immediately. I know you can't deal with older hardware and os, just saying not complaining.

I was using FracPad with my old iPad (second generation) stuck on iOS 6.1 and it was working. But now with 1.03 it opens and closes immediately. I know you can't deal with older hardware and os, just saying not complaining.
No reason, the compatibility didn't change... Did you try a total uninstall then reinstall?

How do you prefer to be notified of bugs? Via this thread or direct message?

I'll be checking out 1.03 in more detail this weekend but here are a couple of things I noted:
- I'm having trouble getting a preset to work when starting from scratch. If I start with a completely blank preset and connect the input gate to the output gate, I don't get any sound.
- I couldn't get the Looper to work. I added the Looper block to an existing preset but it looks like there is some misalignment of the labels for Record, Play etc. No combination of buttons would record the loop and play it back.

That's all I've found so far. It's pretty near perfect for me so far.
Good catches, thanks a lot :)
Bugs spotted and fixed in next release :)

The 2D controller is a hoot. All tricked out with color and trails. And when assigning MIDI CCs, it tells you what each one is assigned to. Nice touch!

Back
Top Bottom