Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Any tips on getting the MD-BT01 connected using Android? I have the device connected to my FM9. My phone sees the device. But Fracpad won't connect. Do I need some other app on my phone?
No
Uninstall everything related to Bluetooth.
Just launch FracPad with Bluetooth activated, if your android device supports btle you'll see a Bluetooth button IN FracPad. That's here

Got a question.

I have a fm3, I use an Airstep Xsonic to do Bluetooth midi with my iPad and forscore.
Works great. The Airstep is connect via midi cable to the fm3.

Will Fracpad work with the Airstep?

As I see above I will just have to close the forscore app right? Forscore just send midi pc and hexa when I change scores.

Got a question.

I have a fm3, I use an Airstep Xsonic to do Bluetooth midi with my iPad and forscore.
Works great. The Airstep is connect via midi cable to the fm3.

Will Fracpad work with the Airstep?

As I see above I will just have to close the forscore app right? Forscore just send midi pc and hexa when I change scores.
I don't know , you can try Fracpad lite for free
Yes close every other app

I downloaded the app demo for iOS, and can connect to the FM9 via bluetooth (and USB), but no preset shows up on the screen with either connection.

What am I missing?

I downloaded the app demo for iOS, and can connect to the FM9 via bluetooth (and USB), but no preset shows up on the screen with either connection.

What am I missing?
Hi
Which fm9 firmware version ?
Try different settings in the settings window in FracPad's top-right button

Hi
Which fm9 firmware version ?
Try different settings in the settings window in FracPad's top-right button
4.01 public beta.

I tried messaging around with a bunch of the settings, but didn't get any different results. It acts like it's not connected, even though the FM9 MIDI shows up in the connection menu.

Attachments

• 20230409_234439.jpg
    20230409_234439.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 20230409_234449.jpg
    20230409_234449.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
4.01 public beta.

I tried messaging around with a bunch of the settings, but didn't get any different results. It acts like it's not connected, even though the FM9 MIDI shows up in the connection menu.
Here it doesn't receive the sysex from fm9 ...
Probably this "x-usb" connection .
Remove it
Select fm9 in the dropdown connections

Hi AL,
just a question about Midi BLE (Android) and CME UHOST.
On my Lenovo M9 Fracpad works, when the MIDI BLE App is running in background with the UHOST selected.
When MIDI BLE isn`t active or deinstalled i get the BLE button on Fracpad with a popup for choosing the UHOST, but Fracpad
does not detect my AX8...
Is the implemented BLE option only working for yamaha bluetooth adapters?
Anyway, i`m very happy with Fracpad as it works now, the implemented BLE function would have been the ice on a cake for
this great App...
Kind regards
Alex

Hi AL,
just a question about Midi BLE (Android) and CME UHOST.
On my Lenovo M9 Fracpad works, when the MIDI BLE App is running in background with the UHOST selected.
When MIDI BLE isn`t active or deinstalled i get the BLE button on Fracpad with a popup for choosing the UHOST, but Fracpad
does not detect my AX8...
Is the implemented BLE option only working for yamaha bluetooth adapters?
Anyway, i`m very happy with Fracpad as it works now, the implemented BLE function would have been the ice on a cake for
this great App...
Kind regards
Alex
Hi
It works with cme widi master and yamaha md-bt01 / UD-BT01. I didn't try anything else
Uhost doesn't seem to be a midi ble, but a usb to Bluetooth tunnel, so it may not answer midi ble standards

HI, sorry if this has been covered before but has anything changed in the last six months with the operation of FracPad regards connecting to the latest AxeFxIII etc. I tried to connect yesterday as I have done previously using my iPad Pro, MidiFire and the Yamaha BT-01. I start MidiFire and connect to the BT-01, It connects and I can see, messages (synch I presume) flashing on the MidiFire screen. I then open FracPad and can see the 'Network' in the bottom of the screen, when I try to connect FracPad crashes! I believe that my Axe is at the latest version. And I went to the Apple Store to see if there was an update, but it seems up to date. What am I doing wrong please?

HI, sorry if this has been covered before but has anything changed in the last six months with the operation of FracPad regards connecting to the latest AxeFxIII etc. I tried to connect yesterday as I have done previously using my iPad Pro, MidiFire and the Yamaha BT-01. I start MidiFire and connect to the BT-01, It connects and I can see, messages (synch I presume) flashing on the MidiFire screen. I then open FracPad and can see the 'Network' in the bottom of the screen, when I try to connect FracPad crashes! I believe that my Axe is at the latest version. And I went to the Apple Store to see if there was an update, but it seems up to date. What am I doing wrong please?
Hi
Don't "connect" with the bluetooth interface
Just launch FracPad without doing anything else before
In FracPad you should see the Bluetooth button, click it and select your Bluetooth interface here, only

This is the way to do since years, now

I'm finding that the app isn't updating in real time when I change a parameter on the Axe screen itself. Is there a setting in the app to make sure it's live with the hardware?

I gave up on this app. Too much that didn’t work at all. Parameters would not load correctly, values not updating when moving between scenes etc etc etc.

For reference I was using a 1st gen iPad Air with Yamaha BT midi dongles and also the Roland cable ones. No difference.

Back
Top Bottom