Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Yeah worked on Mac so I took the plunge and it's 99% working on my ipad - connecting blocks seems to lock it up but it covers virtually everything I want to do. I run everything through my ipad live for loopy pro so it's awesome to tweak right from it!

Let me know if you ever need help building iOS releases, I see a few pages back that you're using a hackintosh setup. I just do backend stuff for my dayjob but I do have a modern mac and xcode setup

Yeah worked on Mac so I took the plunge and it's 99% working on my ipad - connecting blocks seems to lock it up but it covers virtually everything I want to do. I run everything through my ipad live for loopy pro so it's awesome to tweak right from it!

Let me know if you ever need help building iOS releases, I see a few pages back that you're using a hackintosh setup. I just do backend stuff for my dayjob but I do have a modern mac and xcode setup
Great
I use a Mac mini and it's ok
The biggest problem is it's Apple... So they decide for you for everything, it's dictatorial company even for its customers...

Last edited:
Yeah I’m not a huge fan of the company but my choices from work are locked down windows+WSL or a fully open Mac with a locked down windows VM. Easy choice there lol

I've got my iPad mini set up with FracPad 3.45 via a Yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth midi adaptor. I couldn't get the iPad (running iOS 12.5.6) to connect directly over bluetooth so I have MidiMttr running (latest version) which connects everything OK.

I can see my preset in the editor but I cannot backup the Axe FX III (FW 20.04) to the iPad so wondered if there is something else I need to do, or something I need to change to make this happen ?

Thanks in advance

I've got my iPad mini set up with FracPad 3.45 via a Yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth midi adaptor. I couldn't get the iPad (running iOS 12.5.6) to connect directly over bluetooth so I have MidiMttr running (latest version) which connects everything OK.

I can see my preset in the editor but I cannot backup the Axe FX III (FW 20.04) to the iPad so wondered if there is something else I need to do, or something I need to change to make this happen ?

Thanks in advance
Midimittr should be uninstalled and you should only use the FracPad's Bluetooth button to connect the MD-bt01.
Backup via Bluetooth may not work, of course, it's only for small data chunks

Midimittr should be uninstalled and you should only use the FracPad's Bluetooth button to connect the MD-bt01.
Backup via Bluetooth may not work, of course, it's only for small data chunks

Now connected but still gives an error retrieving the preset bank when backing up

I'll second @DflippinK 's comments! Fracpad is an awesome tool to use with Fractal products!

Having a graphical user interface editor on an IOS device is a huge advantage for live use in my opinion. You could of course, run the Fractal editor but that requires bringing along a PC or Mac which is another level of gear complexity I don't want to deal with if I don't have to. You can edit right on the front panel of the unit, but bending over constantly to reach the controls is not ideal or convenient.
Having the editor remote on an iPad is perfect!

Thank You @AlGrenadine !! 👏:cool:

Im on android V3.43 and every time i open the program it opens a webpage and directs me to your website looking for v3.44 but I get a file not found error. Any ideas what's happening? Thx.

Back
Top Bottom