Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Hi all - I am looking at getting Fracpad with my ipad mini and FM3 - Was just wondering if it has all the same functionality as FM3 Edit?

Thanks!

Hi all - I am looking at getting Fracpad with my ipad mini and FM3 - Was just wondering if it has all the same functionality as FM3 Edit?

Thanks!
No it doesn't handle fc configuration.
It has some more functionalities like sets or custom screens or real world amp names etc.
Try it by yourself, FracPad lite is free ;)
It's limited on iOS / Android but totally functional on Mac / Win

i click on widi master and nothing happens. you can see more on the pictures here

You need widi master latest firmware or troubleshooting the widi master connection. This has nothing to do with frace, which displays things when the connection is correct...
So maybe check the widi firmware or remove all other Bluetooth devices you can see in the log file. I have a widi master and it works.
Also depends which fasDevice you're trying to connect

You need widi master latest firmware or troubleshooting the widi master connection. This has nothing to do with frace, which displays things when the connection is correct...
So maybe check the widi firmware or remove all other Bluetooth devices you can see in the log file. I have a widi master and it works.
Also depends which fasDevice you're trying to connect
Do you have widi master+fm3 with firmware 4.01? And it works for you?

Yes
What widi firmware do you use?
You have to use latest one
if you use widi master than you should know (also on the pictures) that i use the latest one 0.1.3.7 i also tried 0.1.0.4. I checked adb logs and there's no error. is there any way to debug the connection more specifically?

if you use widi master than you should know (also on the pictures) that i use the latest one 0.1.3.7 i also tried 0.1.0.4. I checked adb logs and there's no error. is there any way to debug the connection more specifically?
I don't remember widi firmware numbers, i have other things to keep in memory ;)
Try with a 3rd party usb to midi adapter, one correctly handling sysex, like roland um-one. If it works, you'll be sure the widi doesn't...
For debugging the connection you already have the main information here : fracpad sends a sysex message called who_am_i and never receives any answer.. '

One last check : when your os asked for associating the widi did you answer no? If not, you should, otherwise the os takes ownership of transmission.
FracPad doesn't need this and handles the connection itself

I will do some testing today and if i won't figure something out I'm going to buy the bt01 instead. Thanks for the effort to help.
not needed, there must be something badly connected on your side, did you correctly connect the small jack between both widi master small parts ?

Back
Top Bottom