Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
But then we agree the whole performance thing would be turned off?
I think that's fine as long as there is a 'switch' to turn that feature back on at any time. I sometimes need to switch quickly to FracPad from another iPad app (OnSong) during a rehearsal to adjust parameters . The Performance Polling makes that difficult to do on the fly. If I need to tweak something during a performance, it is easy to do that from the Performance screens on the unit itself. It's probably OK on the Axe FX III because I can connect over USB, but having to use Bluetooth Midi on the FM3 makes it slower.

Hi! I'm new to this... I watched Leon Todd demo and found out I could have the screen on scenes mode, so I'm guessing I could control in a live or Jam situation the different sounds i want with it? Is this right? Is this viable to do or does it has latency?

i'm planning to use it with iPad pro (the one before the M1 version from this year). It's the camera adapter the only thing needed for fracpad to recognize the FM3? Or do I need something else?

Also I've read there's two ways to use it, wired and wireless, what's the best way or benefits/cons of either way?

Thanks

Hi! I'm new to this... I watched Leon Todd demo and found out I could have the screen on scenes mode, so I'm guessing I could control in a live or Jam situation the different sounds i want with it? Is this right? Is this viable to do or does it has latency?

i'm planning to use it with iPad pro (the one before the M1 version from this year). It's the camera adapter the only thing needed for fracpad to recognize the FM3? Or do I need something else?

Also I've read there's two ways to use it, wired and wireless, what's the best way or benefits/cons of either way?

Thanks
Hi
Yes you can use it to change presets/scenes if that's what you need.
It has no latency, only the midi one, which you already have when using any foot controller.
For the fm3 you'll need either a roland um-one or a Yamaha md-bt01.

Thanks
With the Axe FXIII I would use a wired connection. For that iPad Pro (I have the same one) you can get a USB-C to USB-A cable. No need for the camera connection kit. The FM3 does not support midi over USB so you have to use Bluetooth.

With the Axe FXIII I would use a wired connection. For that iPad Pro (I have the same one) you can get a USB-C to USB-A cable. No need for the camera connection kit. The FM3 does not support midi over USB so you have to use Bluetooth.
Or a midi interface

Which one would be the best with less latency? Midi or Bluetooth?
Also, will I be able to use fracpad while being able to record to any iPad daw? Or do I need to disconnect from fracpad in order to be able to record? Thanks

Thanks thanks
Bluetooth will add 2-3 ms latency but midi also has latency, everything has...
Yes you can use the usb ports while using the midi ones

FracPad III 3.39 is available :
- AxeFx III firmware 16.04 compatible
- FM3 firmware 4.00 compatible
- Added "Poll performance parameters on startup" : When disabled, faster startup etc, but nomore performance mode access

(iOS update will be available when Apple will have verified it, sent it to verification 24 hours ago but Apple...)

Because your tablet connects automatically to the Bluetooth device, disable this behavior.
It won't work until you see the Bluetooth button in FracPad.
Check its log you'll see why
Also check the MD-bt01 firmware version by yourself, i wouldn't trust thomann...
Thomann is extremely reliable. They have tested the MD-BT01 and installed the latest firmware and I have no reason to doubt it.
The BT01 works with your FracPad demo version on the smartphone.
The full version does not work with my specially purchased android tablet. The tablet recognizes the BT01 and has no problems with any other Bluetooth device. I have taken all your hints on how to proceed.
Can you think of anything else?

Thomann is extremely reliable. They have tested the MD-BT01 and installed the latest firmware and I have no reason to doubt it.
The BT01 works with your FracPad demo version on the smartphone.
The full version does not work with my specially purchased android tablet. The tablet recognizes the BT01 and has no problems with any other Bluetooth device. I have taken all your hints on how to proceed.
Can you think of anything else?
check the md-bt01 firmware by yourself
latest fracpad works perfectly with md-bt01 on fm3 and AxeFx III, i've just verified this
When you say "the tablet recognizes the bt01" do you mean you associate it on some os dependant thing ? If yes, then don't, just boot your android device, turn bluetooth on, if the tablet asks something about the bt01 say no or cancel, launch fracpad, associate the bt01 from FracPad only

Good news !
There is a new bluetooth hardware working with FracPad !
You can now officially use the WIDI Master along FracPad III, if your WIDI Master is flashed with the 0.1.3.7 firmware

Of course, this device will only work with an AxeFx II/III or FM3, as does the Yamaha MD-BT01
For AX8/FX8, prefer the Yamaha UD-BT01

Back
Top Bottom