Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Re the FM3 and wireless adapters Are other wireless midi adapters besides the MD-BT01 ok? I got a HXW BM-A01 off Amazon and my iPad is not finding the FM3. I've no idea if it is the adaptor. Reviews on Amazon were very positive on the adaptor but of course, none of those were using it on an FM3.

This is the unit:

Amazon product ASIN B085DQYW8B

Re the FM3 and wireless adapters Are other wireless midi adapters besides the MD-BT01 ok? I got a HXW BM-A01 off Amazon and my iPad is not finding the FM3. I've no idea if it is the adaptor. Reviews on Amazon were very positive on the adaptor but of course, none of those were using it on an FM3.

This is the unit:

Amazon product ASIN B085DQYW8B
I don't know, md-bt01 is recommended because it works
In FracPad, do you see the Bluetooth button at the bottom? If yes, you should see your ble adapter here when clicking on it

Also be sure the adapter is connected to correct midi ports on the fm3. It should light up

I don't know, md-bt01 is recommended because it works
In FracPad, do you see the Bluetooth button at the bottom? If yes, you should see your ble adapter here when clicking on it

Also be sure the adapter is connected to correct midi ports on the fm3. It should light up
Thanks, I am using only the Lite version of Fracpad so far, want to make sure this works first but I'm not sure if the Lite version supports this.

There are no lights to light up that I can see. Either on the midi adaptor or the FM3. As for the correct midi ports, there are only 2 midi ports on the FM3.

It does show the adaptor when I click on the bluetooth icon in Fracpad lite. It is the BM-A01 in the pic It shows it twice (I guess because there is an in and an out) But it won't connect

EDIT: I bought the full version I got a connection, a key thing was where the Bluetooth icon is, there are now 3 instances of the adaptor showing and clicking the correct (which was the top one) one was a key.

Attachments

• fracpic.jpg
    fracpic.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Have to say fracpad iii is working terribly with the FM3 after connecting it with a wifi midi adaptor. It won't even change from one patch to another. At first, it would then it decided it won't do it anymore. it seems like a lot of functions do not work properly. Should I be trying a wired connection instead?

Last edited:
Have to say fracpad iii is working terribly with the FM3 after connecting it with a wifi midi adaptor. It won't even change from one patch to another. At first, it would then it decided it won't do it anymore. it seems like a lot of functions do not work properly. Should I be trying a wired connection instead?
Then your adapter doesn't support sysex correctly, not FracPad 's fault.
Yes try wired, then use recommended adapters
When said wired, it is with roland um one for the fm3

Then your adapter doesn't support sysex correctly, not FracPad 's fault.
Yes try wired, then use recommended adapters
When said wired, it is with roland um one for the fm3
yup. I have the Um One + USB camara adapter coming and I also ordered the Yamaha MD-BT01 since, as you told me, the charging port on the camara adapter will not work with the FM3 I might as well use the MD-BT01 and return the others, as long as the MD-BT01 works well.

yup. I have the Um One + USB camara adapter coming and I also ordered the Yamaha MD-BT01 since, as you told me, the charging port on the camara adapter will not work with the FM3 I might as well use the MD-BT01 and return the others, as long as the MD-BT01 works well.
Why won’t the charging port on the camera adapter work? I can connect to the FM3 and charge my iPad at the same time.

Why won’t the charging port on the camera adapter work? I can connect to the FM3 and charge my iPad at the same time.
Beats me. That's what AlGrenadine told me.

"I am..will the Um-One and the USB camera adaptor work? I don't mind plugging it in and it will charge that way."

FracPad sent Today at 4:37 AM​

No it will not charge, the midi ports don't provide power to the adapter, the adapter is powered by the usb

"I am..will the Um-One and the USB camera adaptor work? I don't mind plugging it in and it will charge that way."

No it will not charge, the midi ports don't provide power to the adapter, the adapter is powered by the usb
It will with the MD-bt01 because it will be free. While it won't with the Roland um-one because it will be used by it
Omg, have to explain everything...

Last edited:
^ So is reading through 129 pages of a forum. I own a business I get calls all day long asking questions about things people could simply google but I don't complain. Believe it or not, efforts were made to obtain the info before. There is very little around the net about the FM3 and fracpad

The camera connection kit has both a USB-A port and a charging port. You plug the Roland UM-One into the USB-A port and the lightning or USB-C cable into that port and then into a charger of some sort. You can use FracPad and charge your device at the same time. I stopped using the camera kit and I use this instead so that I can output audio from the iPad to my mixer.
Amazon product ASIN B07Y9998GR

Back
Top Bottom