Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I love Fracpad, thanks for the great work!

I have an extensive block library in Axe Edit on my Mac. Those blocks are .blk files. I tried copying those to Fracpad iPad but that seems to work with blocks in .syx format. Is there any way to copy blocks between Axe Edit and Fracpad?

I love Fracpad, thanks for the great work!

I have an extensive block library in Axe Edit on my Mac. Those blocks are .blk files. I tried copying those to Fracpad iPad but that seems to work with blocks in .syx format. Is there any way to copy blocks between Axe Edit and Fracpad?
Not atm, but it has been added to my todolist

Last edited:
It depends on the price you paid the app. If you got it at last black Friday then maybe.
Apple doesn't let me fix the upgrade price, only how much the bundle fracpad 1 + fracpad III costs... Then Apple decides how much you pay
Send me a pm we'll find a solution ;)

Wow, I totally missed this reply until now. Is there still a way to upgrade?

Hi all. New to Fractal.
Picked up a second hand AX8

Now I’ve waded through lots of pages here regarding connecting to my ipad (I’m about to purchase FracPadIII in the App Store) and I don’t have a laptop or pc I can utilise currently.
I have the USB-a to USB-b cable.
I need to get the USB to Lightning adapter tomorrow.

I‘m unsure if this is all I need to run the program app on my iPad or I need something further?
this is just due to my confusion reading too many pages mentioning too many connectors on too many devices on too many Fractal systems........

Thanks in advance.

I’ll return to my light reading. Great resource here. And thanks to @AlGrenadine for developing.

Hi all. New to Fractal.
Picked up a second hand AX8

Now I’ve waded through lots of pages here regarding connecting to my ipad (I’m about to purchase FracPadIII in the App Store) and I don’t have a laptop or pc I can utilise currently.
I have the USB-a to USB-b cable.
I need to get the USB to Lightning adapter tomorrow.

I‘m unsure if this is all I need to run the program app on my iPad or I need something further?
this is just due to my confusion reading too many pages mentioning too many connectors on too many devices on too many Fractal systems........

Thanks in advance.

I’ll return to my light reading. Great resource here. And thanks to @AlGrenadine for developing.
Hi
If you use an iPad you only need the Apple USB camera adapter suited for your iPad. So it depends if your iPad has lightning connection or USB-C.
Another option is wireless AX8 with Yamaha UD-BT01 adapter, but be sure to check your iPad is not too old and supports BTLE and iOS11+

Hi
If you use an iPad you only need the Apple USB camera adapter suited for your iPad. So it depends if your iPad has lightning connection or USB-C.
Another option is wireless AX8 with Yamaha UD-BT01 adapter, but be sure to check your iPad is not too old and supports BTLE and iOS11+
iPad 5th Gen running 13.4.1 - lightning connection
App store says ‘device compatible’

I‘m having major problems with the new version. My setup is iPad Pro, camera adapter, usb b to usb a cable to Ax8. It worked fine til the update. Now, always when changing presets, the parameters of the blocks used in the new preset are not updated. Thus, after changing a preset, the parameters displayed in the amp block, for example, belong to the previous preset. Sometimes even happens within a patch, e,g. when adding a new block, some other block doesn’t show any parameters any more. Any idea, what might be wrong?
@AlGrenadine : I experience the same problem as AX8 caveman did, but I cannot the solution to his problem in this thread. I have direct USB connection, an sync bypass states engaged. What do I need to do?

The same thing is happening with me. And being new to it all it’s incredibly hard to try to work it out.
You start getting some where, switch preset and come back to adjust and you can’t see the preset you need.
Rebooting can work but for a short time.
It just holds the previous preset info.

The same thing is happening with me. And being new to it all it’s incredibly hard to try to work it out.
You start getting some where, switch preset and come back to adjust and you can’t see the preset you need.
Rebooting can work but for a short time.
It just holds the previous preset info.
Can't reproduce, an app on your tablet must be culprit, uninstall other apps to see what happens

Back
Top Bottom