Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Thanks Alex,
I tried it with my 2015 MBP. It connects but it's very intermittent. The MD-BT01 is pretty much useless as a midi interface in my setup. I wouldn't be able to count on it for any kind of gig use. BTW it has nothing to do with the app I'm using, AxEdit, FracPad, they're all glitchy with the MD-BT01 and a MBP. Does anyone know if it's any better with an iPad?
It works very good on my iPad.
Btw check its firmware is at least 1.03.
You can update it with Yamaha ud/md utility available in the USA appstore only

Hi Alex,

This is the problem with selecting and deleting connections between blocks on FracPad MBP app that I was telling you about earlier. I need to be in the block above to select a connection. Maybe I have a corrupt install or something I'm not sure.

Hi Alex,

This is the problem with selecting and deleting connections between blocks on FracPad MBP app that I was telling you about earlier. I need to be in the block above to select a connection. Maybe I have a corrupt install or something I'm not sure.

Yes it's a known problem in the framework used, supposed to be fixed in the next framework version, so probably in FracPad 1.10...

FracPad 1.09 is available :

- Settings window is now shown on first connection, too many users didn't use to set the things up
- The preset list is accessible while in BigDisplay mode. (Tumbler or grid view setting also applies)
- Checks for firmware upgrades and displays release notes
- Performs firmware update !
- Displays banks numbers for ax8
- Adds Midi CC learn/connect to every parameter
- Fixes preset Resync when getting focus on desktop app
- Adds AxeChange screen. Presets from any machine are listed and converted on the fly
- Settings window always stays on. Exits only when clicked outside
- Memory enhancements for older devices
- Tap tempo on ax8 pedal is reflected to fracpad
- Control2 was missing in global foot switches on AX8
- Fixes Real UI switches with text on top had shifted text
- Fixes Save/Load block library, broken in 1.08
- When firmware definistions refresh is needed, refresh is started automatically after few seconds
- Added ability to pin preset selector

I have an AX8 and iPad Air 2.

I don't know if this has been covered, but is there a noticeable difference in connection speed, delay, latency, etc. using Bluetooth instead of a wired connection? Any other functional differences?

The Bluetooth seems like more of a hassle than it's worth, though, since it's not completely wireless. I suppose I could leave the adapter connected, stashed under my pedalboard.

Yes it's slower because it operates at regular MIDI speed (31250 bauds). Otherwise it works the same way.
Not completely wireless ? There's no wires between the iPad and the AX8, that's wireless. Of course you must power supply the UD-BT01. Not the MD-BT01, but that's only for AxeFxs...

Yes it's slower because it operates at regular MIDI speed (31250 bauds). Otherwise it works the same way.

Thanks!

Not completely wireless ? There's no wires between the iPad and the AX8, that's wireless. Of course you must power supply the UD-BT01.

That's what I'm saying...it's not completely wireless when I still have to plug into the USB on the AX8, and then the power supply for the UD-BT01. If the AX8 had integrated Bluetooth, it would be a different story.

I plan on using FracPad when I'm out of the house...at rehearsal and for last minute tweaks before a gig. In those cases, my iPad is on a mic stand so a wired connection is no less convenient.

Thanks!

That's what I'm saying...it's not completely wireless when I still have to plug into the USB on the AX8, and then the power supply for the UD-BT01. If the AX8 had integrated Bluetooth, it would be a different story.

I plan on using FracPad when I'm out of the house...at rehearsal and for last minute tweaks before a gig. In those cases, my iPad is on a mic stand so a wired connection is no less convenient.
As you like ;)
Btw the advantage of the wireless connection is you can easily power your iPad for hours while using it with FracPad

I still have to plug into the USB on the AX8, and then the power supply for the UD-BT01. If the AX8 had integrated Bluetooth, it would be a different story.

I've been looking for a 'step down' thing to allow a normal power supply (pedal power or similar) to power a USB, i.e. an adaptor to take 9v to 5v USB. Anyone know if this exists or of a power supply with a USB power port on it?

I'm thinking of using a Linx Windows tablet for FracPad;
1) Does FracPad work via direct USB connection from Windows to AxeFX & AX8?
2) Is there any wifi or Bluetooth connectivity option for windows?
3) Is the Fracpad windows touchscreen functionality the same as ios/Android?
4) I'm already running a MFC & RAC12 on Axefx, any issues with running Fracpad via USB too?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm thinking of using a Linx Windows tablet for FracPad;
1) Does FracPad work via direct USB connection from Windows to AxeFX & AX8?
2) Is there any wifi or Bluetooth connectivity option for windows?
3) Is the Fracpad windows touchscreen functionality the same as ios/Android?
4) I'm already running a MFC & RAC12 on Axefx, any issues with running Fracpad via USB too?

Thanks!
1 : Yes
2 : i don't know
3 : yes
4 : no issues

;)

I have an iPad Air and just bought the USB to camera connection cable but no matter what I do the Fracpad demo will not connect to my XL+

Any ideas?

I have an iPad Air and just bought the USB to camera connection cable but no matter what I do the Fracpad demo will not connect to my XL+

Any ideas?
Yess, read the screen when arriving on the demo. It states the connection options.
In the meantime, as a temporary solution, you can connect your axefx to your computer and then to your iPad. It will send the bootloader to the axefx's usb.
Also read the 1st post of this topic and the wiki page concerning fracpad

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-01-20-06-34.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-01-20-06-34.png
    191 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom