Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Super great that you created this app!!!
My only wish would that it could be connected with bluetooth like the Eventide H9 app.

Now for apple and Axe fx users you need to bring an iPad and a midi interface to the gig. I can just as well bring my laptop in that case. If it would have blue tooth connection that would be another story.

What would you say is the easiest (and smallest) solution for a midi interface to connect the Axe Edit app? I have a lighting camera kit already and a Steinberg UR22 mk2 audio/midi interface which can be used with the iPad but it's to big to carry along just for Axe Edit. Looking for smaller and cheap mobile solution.

Super great that you created this app!!!
My only wish would that it could be connected with bluetooth like the Eventide H9 app.

Now for apple and Axe fx users you need to bring an iPad and a midi interface to the gig. I can just as well bring my laptop in that case. If it would have blue tooth connection that would be another story.

What would you say is the easiest (and smallest) solution for a midi interface to connect the Axe Edit app? I have a lighting camera kit already and a Steinberg UR22 mk2 audio/midi interface which can be used with the iPad but it's to big to carry along just for Axe Edit. Looking for smaller and cheap mobile solution.
You could probably use a bluetooth midi interface (for the AxeFx and ipad) or a bluetooth midi over usb interface (for the Ax8 or (AxeFx and Android))...

The best and small midi interface on USB is the Roland UM-One for me ;)

ok, thanks for the reply!
One other question; if you buy the ios app can you use it on both your iPhone and iPad? you don't need to buy it twice?

ok, thanks for the reply!
One other question; if you buy the ios app can you use it on both your iPhone and iPad? you don't need to buy it twice?
I don't know, it's an Apple question, how does it work usually when you buy apple apps on their store ?

It depends on the app. Most apps you have to buy only once other apps you have to buy separate for the iPad and iPhone.

It depends on the app. Most apps you have to buy only once other apps you have to buy separate for the iPad and iPhone.
It seems Apple allows installation of a purchased app on every device connected to the same apple account

ok Good to know. However some apps like Animoog for example need to be bought twice. Even when having the same apple account. They have a separate version for iPad and iPhone.

I loved the interface on the "original" iPad Axe-Fx editor, called Axe for Lemur. Original developer dropped it. Someone else picked it up, but didn't want to partner with anyone to promote it. I offered but he wanted to lone-gun it, do it his way, and nothing happened.

I wish I could've participated in development of this new iPad app!!

The worst part of Axe-Edit is it doesn't dedicate the entire screen to editing parameters, and that has unfortunately been carried over into this app. Only half the screen is usable for editing parameters.
512940.jpg

The best thing about the original iPad editor is it dedicated the entire screen to editing parameters.
For example: look what was possible on this editor back in 2012, and it worked over wireless. That's over 30 parameters, available in a single window, and you never lost access to the basic amp parameters, something I despise about Axe-Edit.
7747019898_0dbd3337e3_c.jpg

Here's another: you could edit Compressor AND Drive blocks in a single window
7747019542_773042cc8f_c.jpg

As you can see, selecting a block didn't take up half the useable interface, they're out of the way in bottom row of green buttons. If you needed to access routing, you had this baby below. And you could still select blocks to edit, choose your scenes, and set scene level. And...the buttons were big enough for your fingers.
12635009325_14b94a49f6_z.jpg

I'll shut up and let the adoration flow. I was hoping someone would come up a better iPad interface than Axe-Edit. That said, this will still be faster because you're not using a mouse. Great job on making it look familiar and work well, and I recommend buying despite my whining about the interface.
Your "whining" has been heard ;) I'll probably add few options for that, FracPad needs to be the most flexible possible. If you saw the video you saw there's already a lot of options ;)

How do we know when its available for IOS..?..can you post this moment when its ready to buy from appstore..?

I will definitely get the iPad version, when it comes out

I use the Quiccosound Bluetooth->Midi devices with SetLIstMaker and my Ax8

16958379447_93ba098f3a.jpg

I hope they will work with FracPad as well - If they don't I already have the camera connection kit that I can use in a pinch :)

I've got one of these for my XL+ hoping it will work on iPad

Congratulations for the development!

I don't know if it has already been said, but those of you who cannot upgrade the Android device to be MIDI OTG compatible, have the option to use a CyanogenMod rom. I have it installed on my Nexus 7 and it works perfect with Andrioid 6.01

Will there be a evaluation version with restricted fetures, to verify if our device is compatible before purchasing it?

Thank you!

Congratulations for the development!

I don't know if it has already been said, but those of you who cannot upgrade the Android device to be MIDI OTG compatible, have the option to use a CyanogenMod rom. I have it installed on my Nexus 7 and it works perfect with Andrioid 6.01

Will there be a evaluation version with restricted fetures, to verify if our device is compatible before purchasing it?

Thank you!
No, it would require too much time building both versions each time. As you can see it's already been about one day since i submitted the app to Apple and i still have no news from them. . .

No, it would require too much time building both versions each time. As you can see it's already been about one day since i submitted the app to Apple and i still have no news from them. . .

our app we develop at work takes 10 days usually, sometimes faster. they have a lot of programs to check before they go live.

Back
Top Bottom