Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
MD-BT01 has been updated. I haven't tried a USB connection. That's a good idea to rule out if its a bluetooth issue. I need to get a camera connection kit to test it out. I'm really hoping its not a blutetooth problem. Whole reason i got all this to start. I'll let you know once i get a chance to test this out. Cheers
Also be sure to set usb adapter mode and mfc echo to off on the axefx II
And set "i use mfc101" setting in FracPad if you use mfc101

Last edited:
Thanks so much - FYI for other Axe-FX II (original) owners - this menu item does not exist. Turn OFF "midi thru" to accomplish the same thing. (Worked for me anyway)

Also be sure to set usb adapter modecand mfc echo to off on the axefx II
And set "i use mfc101" setting in FracPad if you use mfc101

Found this from earlier post. So to be clear, setting MFC echo is turning 'midi thru' to off. Is this a setting on my MFC-101? I already turned this to off on the Axe FX

Hi Alex

Is FracPad III compatible with official firmware Ares1? I am running Ares and have some little incidents with FP3 what could be result of the compatibility. Thanx in advance

Remon

Not yet, but it should not produce any problem. What's your problem?

Hi Alex,

No big issues, but the software needs time to load a scene in my preset and makes little gapps in the sound when switching between them using the software scene buttons. Could be the memory of my phone just lagging.
Also the software is freesing sometimes, what also could be a memory problem. I guess the Ares base is from the FXIII. Do you think it could be that memory used by FP3 is allocated diffrently?

Anyway, part of the freeses and some soundgapps, i can use it to edit presets, as long as i save my adjustments ones in a while, it is no big issue if it freeses.

Remon

Hi Alex,

When FracPad is already running (Android), and i try to load / import an IR or patch, than FracPad is automaticly opened the second time and not connected to the AxeFX.
I have to restart the AxeFx to be able to connect to it. The first UI opened is still connected though.

I have tried to load a .WAV IR in FP3, but it doesnt work (see attachment). I have tried it with a .SYX file and that works.

Do i have to convert all my .WAV files or is there a setting that i am missing?

Screenshot_20190324-144308_My Files.jpg
20190324_144454.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190324-144412.jpg
    Screenshot_20190324-144412.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 2
Yes, wav irs are not supported
For your freezes it could be a lack of memory , which device do you use ?

I use a Samsung Note8 mobile phone and DEX desktop.
Can you recommend me how to best convert the .WAV to .SYX or will .WAV be supported in some other release?

Hello, first let me say thanks for creating this app and taking the time to answer questions about it.

I just purchased the update from 1.25 to 3.13 and having a couple of issues. Sorry if this has been addressed previously, but I tried several searches and didn’t find anything.

1. When I first opened FP 3, double tapping on a block changed the bypass state momentarily, but then it would immediately revert to the previous state. I found the ‘double tap’ options in settings—it was set to ‘edit value’ which seemed correct—and selected each of the other options, then reselected edit value. This didn’t help immediately, but after a few more tries double tapping blocks, suddenly it started to behave and was fine for the rest of the session. The next time I connected and opened FracPad, I had to jump through the same hoops. Any ideas how to make this go away? 1.25 did not do this.

2) After a short while of editing, the screen stops reliably updating. For example, I’ll select a new preset. The preset will change on the axe fx, but the block layout will stay unchanged or will show inaccurate bypass states in the FracPad display. 1.25 did this also, which is mainly why I upgraded.

Also, is there a dedicated FracPad support site, or is this it?

Thanks,

Chuck Everett

Axe fx 2 xl+, ipad gen 6, iOS 12.1.4., Lightening adaptor with UX16 interface.

Hello, first let me say thanks for creating this app and taking the time to answer questions about it.

I just purchased the update from 1.25 to 3.13 and having a couple of issues. Sorry if this has been addressed previously, but I tried several searches and didn’t find anything.

1. When I first opened FP 3, double tapping on a block changed the bypass state momentarily, but then it would immediately revert to the previous state. I found the ‘double tap’ options in settings—it was set to ‘edit value’ which seemed correct—and selected each of the other options, then reselected edit value. This didn’t help immediately, but after a few more tries double tapping blocks, suddenly it started to behave and was fine for the rest of the session. The next time I connected and opened FracPad, I had to jump through the same hoops. Any ideas how to make this go away? 1.25 did not do this.

2) After a short while of editing, the screen stops reliably updating. For example, I’ll select a new preset. The preset will change on the axe fx, but the block layout will stay unchanged or will show inaccurate bypass states in the FracPad display. 1.25 did this also, which is mainly why I upgraded.

Also, is there a dedicated FracPad support site, or is this it?

Thanks,

Chuck Everett

Axe fx 2 xl+, ipad gen 6, iOS 12.1.4., Lightening adaptor with UX16 interface.
Hi Chuck,
Thanks

I'd need more details : settings screenshot, log file, firmware used etc. ..

okay, thanks again. I appreciate the customer service!

Hello again! I bought the Full Version a couple of months ago. My FracPad III app is very fickle on my Android phone. I have a Samsung galaxy S7. My Axe III is updated to latest firmware 5.02. Basically FracPad wants to pick and choose what presets it will load and not load. Im currently trying to load up a preset off of axe exchange. Its from Burgs and its his "Smorgasbord" preset. He made/loaded the preset using the current firmware. When I launch FracPad on my device it will not See my Axe III unless I tap the screen, then it will read "Error loading". Also whenever I update to latest firmware, it takes about 3 different trys before it will complete the update. i.e. FracPad will update and then at 30%, 54%, etc, it will "Timeout" and then I have to start the whole process all over again. Please help? FracPad III update? Bugs? Thank you so much!

Hello again! I bought the Full Version a couple of months ago. My FracPad III app is very fickle on my Android phone. I have a Samsung galaxy S7. My Axe III is updated to latest firmware 5.02. Basically FracPad wants to pick and choose what presets it will load and not load. Im currently trying to load up a preset off of axe exchange. Its from Burgs and its his "Smorgasbord" preset. He made/loaded the preset using the current firmware. When I launch FracPad on my device it will not See my Axe III unless I tap the screen, then it will read "Error loading". Also whenever I update to latest firmware, it takes about 3 different trys before it will complete the update. i.e. FracPad will update and then at 30%, 54%, etc, it will "Timeout" and then I have to start the whole process all over again. Please help? FracPad III update? Bugs? Thank you so much!
Definitely not a fracpad bug but a connection problem or device / cable problem, xan you try on another device?

Definitely not a fracpad bug but a connection problem or device / cable problem, xan you try on another device?
Cannot try another device. Is it possible I need to update FracPad? My screen reads FracPad 3.05? That said, when I open FracPad it takes a min to load up the lastest version...I think? Not sure? How do I know if I have the latest version of FracPad III?? Thank you very much!
Marcus

...also I dont think its a connection problem as I can load up presets off of ace exchange that are a month or two older? Just not the new stuff.
Marcus

Back
Top Bottom