Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I've read through pretty much all I can see on this and I'm a bit unclear on whether this works with the new iPad Pro with the USB-C connector and what I need in order to make it work. Can I simply use a USB C Adapter to connect a USB cable to my Axe-FX III or AX8?

From what I'm reading I don't believe there is a way that will work for wireless bluetooth connection on the iPad Pro, but please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Thanks.

I've read through pretty much all I can see on this and I'm a bit unclear on whether this works with the new iPad Pro with the USB-C connector and what I need in order to make it work. Can I simply use a USB C Adapter to connect a USB cable to my Axe-FX III or AX8?

From what I'm reading I don't believe there is a way that will work for wireless bluetooth connection on the iPad Pro, but please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Thanks.
I don't have an iPad pro but it should work with usb camera adapter or with md-bt01 on the axefx III and UD-BT01 on the ax8

You can give it a try for free with FracPad Lite btw

Can I simply use a USB C Adapter to connect a USB cable to my Axe-FX III or AX8?

It doesn’t work for me with the 2018 iPad Pro and the AX8. According to @chris it does work with the AXEIII.

There is no “camera USB adaptor” for the new iPads as they are already USB C.

It doesn’t work for me with the 2018 iPad Pro and the AX8. According to @chris it does work with the AXEIII.

There is no “camera USB adaptor” for the new iPads as they are already USB C.
Thanks for the answer. I was afraid that might be the case. Might be nice on the Axe-FX III, but would be most useful on the AX8 as that is what I use in our rehearsal room. I might just have to take my laptop out back to my rehearsal room to edit some presets then. Still gonna try it, as I just ordered a USB C adapter that should be similar to what the lightning camera adapters do, only with USB C instead of lightning.

Looks like Yamaha pulled the bluetooth utility from the Apple app store. Have you heard any more from them on the subject Alex?

Looks like Yamaha pulled the bluetooth utility from the Apple app store. Have you heard any more from them on the subject Alex?
Fortunately, my BT-01 has been running fine, without ever touching Yamaha’s Utility.

I never even knew you could do firmware updates to them till Al mentioned it. o_O

Sure would be nice to use FracPad III over BT. Not a deal breaker but one less cable is always great.

Sure would be nice to use FracPad III over BT. Not a deal breaker but one less cable is always great.
I use FracPad III over Bluetooth for almost everything, even though it's not supported. So far, it works great for anything that doesn't involve the transfer of large amounts of data.

Damnit man. Probably because I updated the firmware at some point this year.
Could also be the way I have the MD-BT01 connected through the MFC.

Last edited:
The typical USB-bluetooth dongle put into the usb on the III will not work? I can't go wireless using the USB, right?
Bluetooth dongles (and Axe-Fx’s) are USB devices that expect to talk to USB hosts. USB devices can’t talk to each other. That’s why the USB connector on a Bluetooth dongle is different from the USB connector on the Axe-Fx.

Back
Top Bottom