Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
When I update FracPad on my iPad (iPad 4, iOS 10.3.3) I get the message "Would you like to download the latest compatible version? This version of FracPad is not suitable for this device". When I open FracPad after updating it says version 1.17 instead of 1.20. Remove app and re-install didn't help. Any idea?
Fixed in upcoming FracPad 1.23 and FracPad Lite 1.23 :)

Waiting for Crapple to validate...

Trying FracPad Lite, but it won’t connect to my MD-BT01. Is there anything I have to do to make the connection? It works with Bandhelper on my iPad Mini 4.

Trying FracPad Lite, but it won’t connect to my MD-BT01. Is there anything I have to do to make the connection? It works with Bandhelper on my iPad Mini 4.
Which fas device are you connecting to ?
Did you launch midimittr app and connected md-bt01 with it ? I'm sure no
Also be sure to update your MD-BT01 firmware to 1.04

Last edited:
Which fas device are you connecting to ?

Axe-Fx II MK-I

Did you launch midimittr app and connected md-bt01 with it ? I'm sure no

I did not. I've since downloaded midimittr, started it and it sees the MD-BT01 device. Now when I start FracPad Lite, it sees the MD-BT01 in the MIDI OUT: and MIDI IN: prompts at the bottom of the screen, but the circular icon at the top just keeps going around and it stays on the startup screen and says 'No Fractal Audio device connected.'

Also be sure to update your MD-BT01 firmware to 1.04

I had no idea I could update the firmware! I downloaded the Yamaha utility and updated from firmware version 1.0.0 to 1.0.4.

Last edited:
Axe-Fx II MK-I

I did not. I've since downloaded midimittr, started it and it sees the MD-BT01 device. Now when I start FracPad Lite, it sees the MD-BT01 in the MIDI OUT: and MIDI IN: prompts at the bottom of the screen, but the circular icon at the top just keeps going around and it stays on the startup screen and says 'No Fractal Audio device connected.'

I had no idea I could update the firmware! I downloaded the Yamaha utility and updated from firmware version 1.0.0 to 1.0.4.
Then be sure to connect midimittr to the MD-bt01, launching midimittr is not enough
Then launch fracpad, it should connect

Last edited:
I did that and midimittr says it's connected to the MD-BT01.
Then select the MD-bt01 ports in FracPad.
If it doesn't connect then you inverted midi in and out at the back of the axefx or the MD-bt01 is not correctly plugged in...
Or you use a too old axefx firmware
Now it's in your hands

Did that too.

If that were the case, then Bandhelper via Bluetooth and the MD-BT01 wouldn't work either.

Firmware v10.01.

I'll keep at it and see what I can figure out.
I think the MD-bt01 can't be shared between Bandhelper and another app, kill other apps and only keep fracpad and midimittr

I think the MD-bt01 can't be shared between Bandhelper and another app, kill other apps and only keep fracpad and midimittr

Bandhelper is not running.

The only thing different about my setup, is that I use a Rolad MM-4 MIDI Thru Box (see pic). I use Bandhelper to control an Axe-FX II, Korg A3, VooDoo Lab GCX Switcher and an SDD-3000 delay pedal. The MM-4 has no issues relaying MIDI commands from my iPad, via the MD-BT01 to each of the four devices.

Is FracPad expecting to see the Axe-Fx on a specific MIDI channel?

avnw2eq280jmf84pmv9g0t14x4.jpg

Then it's the culprit, FracPad needs to srnd and receive midi sysex which this device probably doesn't support correctly. ..
Debug this uding just fracpad midimittr and the MD-bt01 connected to the axefx, nothing else

Oh and there's no midi channel for sysex

As you said, midi seems to work from ipad to devices, but you need to have midi going back from axefx to ipad

Last edited:
Hi AlGrenadine,
After my postings a few weeks ago, I'd decided to leave my Android and get an IPad. I go for a refurb Air 2. It shows up with a defective screen, I have to return it and have to wait for a replacement. It came yesterday and I bought FracPad. Just wanted to tell you I love it. Killer, killer app and way more features than I realized. Thank you for developing and supporting it.

Hi AlGrenadine,
After my postings a few weeks ago, I'd decided to leave my Android and get an IPad. I go for a refurb Air 2. It shows up with a defective screen, I have to return it and have to wait for a replacement. It came yesterday and I bought FracPad. Just wanted to tell you I love it. Killer, killer app and way more features than I realized. Thank you for developing and supporting it.

I must be missing something obvious. I can only see setting on some of my pedals and amps. I'm running the Lite version and it says (unlinked). Is this why parameters are not populating? Is this because I'm running the Lite/Demo version?

Back
Top Bottom