Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Hi Al,

How difficult would it be to develop a mode like the Big Display mode that shows on the iPad the exact representation of what is showing on the AX8 display with the ability to select/change switches just like you can in Big Display mode. This would be a great help for my live playing. I have trouble reading the small green display on the floor, especially under bright lights. The current Big Display mode works, but it displays the blocks on the grid. What I need is a Big Switch mode that shows on the iPad exactly how the switches are being displayed on the AX8 display window. I would think this would be helpful to those of us with weaker eyesight. Sort of like a Big Display mode for switches instead of grid blocks. Thanks in advance for considering it. Cheers.

Love the app by the way. (hands clapping)
Could be done

Still cannot connect to FracPad anymore ... midi mtr has picked up the Yamaha Bluetooth adaptor and says connected , but launch FracPad and it just has the circle going round but won’t connect .... used to just do it automatically so stumped !!

Still cannot connect to FracPad anymore ... midi mtr has picked up the Yamaha Bluetooth adaptor and says connected , but launch FracPad and it just has the circle going round but won’t connect .... used to just do it automatically so stumped !!
What firmware is your yamaha BT on ?
Also send me the log (about menu, log => is automatically copied in the clipboard => paste in a nemail or pm to me ;) )

will do later on Al, thanks...how do I check what firmware the Yamaha BT is on?..when I got it I simply plugged it in, opened midimtr & it just connected, not got any Yamaha app or seen anywhere where it tells what firmware the BT adaptor is on?
sorry if I am being a bit thick here, just had a look at the Yamaha wbsite/user manual and it doesn't show anyway of telling what firmware its on..help!

You have to install the Yamaha UD/MD Utility found on the USA Appstore only it will allow you to check the firmware and flash it to 1.04 if needed. That's probably your problem

Bit of a weird one, seems there must be some odd issue with the Yam BT. Updated it to 1.04, on my ipad midimtr picks it up fine , but Fracpad just wont see it. The odd thing is that on my 2nd axe fx which also has the Yam BT, midimtr & fracpad it all works fine on the same Ipad, most peculiar, will just see if it sorts itself or will buy a new Yam BT, thanks for your help though Al, appreciate it

Indeed, not had much time to play about, but will take the YAM BT off the no 2 axe fx & try it on the no 1 axe fx...that will show if its a axe fx midi port issue or the BT device...cheers

Guys, i'm not gonna stop FracPad development because the III is coming :)
Here is the upcoming 1.17 changelog :
- Added a Switches mode for AX8/FX8 : see your 8 switches in fullscreen and tap a button to activate a function
- Added FX8 switches configuration support in GLOB page
- Added OCD mode increment setting
- Added MIDI CC sends on song change in performance mode
- Clicking on red bar in slider zoom sets to original value

Last edited:
Al, thanks so much for continuing development and thanks a bunch for including the new "Switches Mode". These old eyes are looking forward to it!! Cheers!

Jim

Is there any chance the new Switches Mode could also include the "F" Switches so that one can change banks and presets from the same screen?

FracPad 1.17 is available !
- Adds a new AX8/FX8 switches mode
- Allows OCD mode increments setting
- Clicking on red bar in slider zoom sets to original value
- Songs in Performance Mode can now embed custom CCs !
- iOS screen dimmer is now disabled while using FracPad

The update is available right now on Android/Win/Mac. The iOS update will be available as soon as Apple will have reviewed it

FracPad 1.17 for iOS is available too :)
Hi Al,

Thanks so much for adding the switches mode. It is just what I needed. I see now that one can change presets in the upper left hand corner of the screen just like the big display mode. This works great.

I did have a lock up of the AX8 tonight while I was giving Ver 1.17 it a quick run through. It was late and I wasn't able to observe exactly what I was doing at the time. I think I was looking at the options in the the pull down menu in the upper left hand corner while in the Switches mode when all of a sudden everything froze. I had to recycle the AX8.

I will try to work with it some tomorrow or this weekend to see if it was just a one time thing or if I can steadily reproduce it.

Thank you so much again for taking the time to add the Switches mode. You Rock!!

Back
Top Bottom