Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Hi there, just trying out the Demo with a Google Pixel with 8.1 and Q9.04 on Axe FX 2. Can connect up fine but on my preset only Amp one seems to show any parameters. And half of them are blank (ie set at 0) All the other Blocks are blank (Ie no parameters) Is this to do with the demo version? Or am i having other issues.

Have tried refresh firmware definitions but nothing happens. FWIW i downloaded the windows version and that works AOK.

Hi there, just trying out the Demo with a Google Pixel with 8.1 and Q9.04 on Axe FX 2. Can connect up fine but on my preset only Amp one seems to show any parameters. And half of them are blank (ie set at 0) All the other Blocks are blank (Ie no parameters) Is this to do with the demo version? Or am i having other issues.

Have tried refresh firmware definitions but nothing happens. FWIW i downloaded the windows version and that works AOK.
Hi
Yes that's the normal demo behavior

FracPad 1.16 is released :
- Q9.04 (AxeFx/AX8) compatibility
- Better FX8 support : Presets imported from AxeFx/AX8 now use a serial signal path

iOS version is on its road, but Apple has to validate it so it may take days...

For other systems, just launch FracPad and you should get proposed the update ;)

Help.

Cable plugged from iPad to AX8 but FracPad keeps shows no Fractal Audio device connected. What am I doing wrong?

All firmware on AX8 and iPad have latest updates. Cable is lightning to USB.

Well I’m stumped. Can hook up the lightning/USB cable to mixer and record into iPad GarageBand or sync with Mac desktop but cannot get FracPad to connect to AX8. Cable is not the issue.

Any ideas?

Well I’m stumped. Can hook up the lightning/USB cable to mixer and record into iPad GarageBand or sync with Mac desktop but cannot get FracPad to connect to AX8. Cable is not the issue.

Any ideas?
what does the USB end of the cable look like?

Any ideas?
Then another app is taking the AX8 midi stream ownership, kill other apps maybe ?
Is your AX8 working with AX8Edit on a computer ?

Hi Al,

How difficult would it be to develop a mode like the Big Display mode that shows on the iPad the exact representation of what is showing on the AX8 display with the ability to select/change switches just like you can in Big Display mode. This would be a great help for my live playing. I have trouble reading the small green display on the floor, especially under bright lights. The current Big Display mode works, but it displays the blocks on the grid. What I need is a Big Switch mode that shows on the iPad exactly how the switches are being displayed on the AX8 display window. I would think this would be helpful to those of us with weaker eyesight. Sort of like a Big Display mode for switches instead of grid blocks. Thanks in advance for considering it. Cheers.

Love the app by the way. (hands clapping)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom