• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8 and Axe-Fx III

retnuH

Regular
Another detail question- were you testing it with the iRig 2 midi connected directly to the iPad or does it need to be connected through the Apple USB adapter? I'm probably going to go ahead and buy the iRig 2 midi adapter for this and just need to know if I need to buy the Apple adapter too. By the way- kudos for finally bringing this to us! I use my iPad on my stand for so many things and it was a waste to have to set up my laptop too.
Thanks,
Hunter

AlGrenadine

Axe-Master
Another detail question- were you testing it with the iRig 2 midi connected directly to the iPad or does it need to be connected through the Apple USB adapter? I'm probably going to go ahead and buy the iRig 2 midi adapter for this and just need to know if I need to buy the Apple adapter too. By the way- kudos for finally bringing this to us! I use my iPad on my stand for so many things and it was a waste to have to set up my laptop too.
Thanks,
Hunter
The iRig2 doesn't need any other adapter, but it's pricey. . .

retnuH

Regular
Ok good, thanks. iRig comes with USB and Lightning plugs so wondered if it could stand alone with Lightning. It's $80 but it's $30 + shipping for the Apple USB adapter plus the Roland UM One at $40 + shipping so that's roughly the same price when you look at it that way. Or am I missing something?

6stringscott

Inspired
I'd like to see a screenshot on an iPhone 6 (not 6 plus) to see how small the icons are, how usable it would be. Thanks. In any case, this is a great looking effort that makes me consider having an ipad too.

svl

Forum Addict
Brilliant stuff, Al. Kudos.

What's your policy going to be on updates? Free as you enhance, or pay-per-update situation?

AlGrenadine

Axe-Master
Ok good, thanks. iRig comes with USB and Lightning plugs so wondered if it could stand alone with Lightning. It's $80 but it's $30 + shipping for the Apple USB adapter plus the Roland UM One at $40 + shipping so that's roughly the same price when you look at it that way. Or am I missing something?
Some cheaper lightning usb adapters also exist ;)

manu68

Inspired
It seems like a fantastic tool indeed, especially for people playing live and who are staying away from the Axe FX II itself.

I must be honest, i won't purchase it. Not because of quality issue, but just because I don't have a smartphone myself (I want to stay free ;) ) , and only an old android tablet without android 6.0.

I hope for you taht the application will be a success :D. The Axe FX II needs people like you .
Thanks for sharing you talents with us

AlGrenadine

Axe-Master
It seems like a fantastic tool indeed, especially for people playing live and who are staying away from the Axe FX II itself.

I must be honest, i won't purchase it. Not because of quality issue, but just because I don't have a smartphone myself (I want to stay free ;) ) , and only an old android tablet without android 6.0.

I hope for you taht the application will be a success :D. The Axe FX II needs people like you .
Thanks for sharing you talents with us
I may have an idea on how to add Android 4.4+ compatibility , but it will take some time . If one of you is an experimented Android dev please contact me ;)

AlGrenadine

Axe-Master
Excellent. Can you post a screen shot of what you're describing? Thanks.
Here is my phone's screen. First picture is the grid, then once you click on a block you get the parameters screen.
Screenshot_2016-11-09-09-05-16[1].png Screenshot_2016-11-09-09-05-34[1].png

But your query also raised an idea for the next version, i'll probably add the option to get a fullscreen of parameters even if your screen is big enough for layout+parameters...

Top Bottom