Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Sorry if this was asked. I did search but came up either empty with a ton to sift through...
When adding or moving a block in FracPad III, how do you connect/reconnect them?
I am using the BT wireless connection.
It wasn't asked because it's in the tutorial ;)
Long press on block then connect entry in the context menu

Noticed that 11.02 beta created presets are being saved but not able to loaded into the III. It is beta Ax firmware but thought I would mention it anyway. Note: my pre 11.02 presets load just fine so probably something in the way the new 11.02 beta saves the presets.

I’m looking for help to figure out what adapters I need to connect an iPad Pro to the frac pad. I have looked through this thread but it’s 112 pages. Can anyone give me the specifics to the cables (or bluetooth adapter) I need to use the FracPad with Ipad Pro. Thx a ton!

I’m looking for help to figure out what adapters I need to connect an iPad Pro to the frac pad. I have looked through this thread but it’s 112 pages. Can anyone give me the specifics to the cables (or bluetooth adapter) I need to use the FracPad with Ipad Pro. Thx a ton!
Which fasDevice do you want to connect?

Noticed that 11.02 beta created presets are being saved but not able to loaded into the III. It is beta Ax firmware but thought I would mention it anyway. Note: my pre 11.02 presets load just fine so probably something in the way the new 11.02 beta saves the presets.
Not sure to understand.
Do you mean you can't see 11.02+ presets parameters in FracPad?

Not sure to understand.
Do you mean you can't see 11.02+ presets parameters in FracPad?

I create a preset using 11.02 beta using FracPadIII and save it on my iPad. I then go to load the preset back into the Axe into an empty preset and will not load. There is no error message. The onboard preset just remains empty.

I create a preset using 11.02 beta using FracPadIII and save it on my iPad. I then go to load the preset back into the Axe into an empty preset and will not load. There is no error message. The onboard preset just remains empty.
Oh so you mean you export then import again.
That's expected as the internal preset version changed

Actually the other way around. I create the preset and save it on the iPad. Then I export/load it to another preset on the same Axe III and it does not load/transfer from FracPad to the empty preset. But probably same issue of preset version change.

Actually the other way around. I create the preset and save it on the iPad. Then I export/load it to another preset on the same Axe III and it does not load/transfer from FracPad to the empty preset. But probably same issue of preset version change.
You'll have to wait the end of the holidays until i release a new version ;)

Hi AlGrenadine,
Few days ago I bought Fracpad III for android (and a Lenovo tablet...).
Wonderful tool!
Except for some issues:
1. I cannot load effect blocks from library in Fracpad (ex volume/pan) although I saved them via Fracpad to the library.
2. UI reacts very slow. I need to "press" several times on the same spot before Fracpad reacts. After a while the Fracpad UI even no longer reacts

I'm connected to my AX8 via USB OTG cable. I'm using my tablet only for Fracpad, no other apps are running and the tablet is not connected to internet while running Fracpad.
I assume I need to change some setting since nobody else reported similar issues (I admit I did not study all 112 pages of this threat...)
Can you give me any advice?

Hi AlGrenadine,
Wonderful tool!
Except for some issues:
1. I cannot load effect blocks from library in Fracpad (ex volume/pan) although I saved them via Fracpad to the library.
2. UI reacts very slow. I need to "press" several times on the same spot before Fracpad reacts. After a while the Fracpad UI even no longer reacts

I'm connected to my AX8 via USB OTG cable. I'm using my tablet only for Fracpad, no other apps are running and the tablet is not connected to internet while running Fracpad.
I assume I need to change some setting since nobody else reported similar issues (I admit I did not study all 112 pages of this threat...)
Hi, thanks :)
If it's slow it's probably because the tablet is... Lenovo is not a brand i'd recommend ^^

I'll check the block library but it worked last time i checked

Hi AlGrenadine,
Wonderful tool!
Except for some issues:

Block library works as expected here, so probably another lenovo problem... Really avoid the very cheap devices

Works as expected here : I modify a preset, hit the "TO" button and save into another slot and it works

Guys, i have an exciting news to share with you.

In next FracPad release, you won't need to use midimittr (ios) or ble connect (android) in order to connect to MD-BT01 or UD-BT01 :)
You can now connect directly from FracPad.

But the big news is : Now bluetooth transfers don't loose any data anymore !
Why ? The Android and iOS midi BTLE drivers have bugs and incorrectly interpret MIDI BLE packets.
I coded a dedicated driver which doesn't loose any packet :)

Stay tuned, i still need to test intensively but for now it works perfectly on Android, now starting iOS tests :)

Back
Top Bottom