Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Frac Pad is REALLY GREAT. Well done Al.

Quick Question - My main set up includes rows for the magnetic (electric guitar), Piezo (acoustic guitar) and synth (GR55)

Is there a way to copy ROWS from one preset to another. This would be cool to add the piezo and the GR55 to any existing preset from NAKED AMPS and other folks presets

Or alternatively, any suggested way to accomplish?

Thanks

MM

Frac Pad is REALLY GREAT. Well done Al.

Quick Question - My main set up includes rows for the magnetic (electric guitar), Piezo (acoustic guitar) and synth (GR55)

Is there a way to copy ROWS from one preset to another. This would be cool to add the piezo and the GR55 to any existing preset from NAKED AMPS and other folks presets

Or alternatively, any suggested way to accomplish?

Thanks

MM
I'm sorry you can't copy rows only, but it's a good idea

Forgot i had FracPad on my iPad, just been messing around with it. I had no idea you could just plug a usb from the FX-II and be able to edit and even play music to it, amazing! I have come across a small problem though...

I created a custom screen to have a preset name and tuner, when i change presets it automatically turns on. I then have to go to my axe and come out of the tuner, not sure this something that is meant to happen, but i think the tuner shouldn't turn on automatically when changing presets. ;)

Forgot i had FracPad on my iPad, just been messing around with it. I had no idea you could just plug a usb from the FX-II and be able to edit and even play music to it, amazing! I have come across a small problem though...

I created a custom screen to have a preset name and tuner, when i change presets it automatically turns on. I then have to go to my axe and come out of the tuner, not sure this something that is meant to happen, but i think the tuner shouldn't turn on automatically when changing presets. ;)
Yes, it's the only way to get tuner displayed on the custom screen. If you don't have it on the hardware you don't receive the data, apart on axefx3

Ah i see, fair enough! Strangely i've come back to my Axe and iPad just now, and it won't connect via USB?
Normal, AxeFx II can't be connected to iPad, you need a midi adapter or yamaha Bluetooth adapter.
It worked before because you first connected your Axefx II to a computer, which loaded the driver into the axefx's usb. But once rebooted, this driver is gone

Last edited:
So I’m not sure if this is possible, or if it’s already compatible but is Fracpad able to work with Flic buttons? I don’t have any yet, but I was thinking it would be cool to be able to use them to switch scenes in the app. Basically stick a few of them on the guitar, have an iPad or iPhone connected to the axe using FracPad and use the Flic buttons to switch scenes wirelessly.

So I’m not sure if this is possible, or if it’s already compatible but is Fracpad able to work with Flic buttons? I don’t have any yet, but I was thinking it would be cool to be able to use them to switch scenes in the app. Basically stick a few of them on the guitar, have an iPad or iPhone connected to the axe using FracPad and use the Flic buttons to switch scenes wirelessly.
Also could be used to make a super portable floorboard.

Not sure how they work and how it could be integrated into fracpad...

Hello Alex
As of today i am a AxeFX3 user. I connected with fragPad, wich tells me i am using USB/Midi as a connection and maby some functions wont work, but actually i am connected with usb only on my Samsung S10+ (like the AxeFx2)
Not using a FC6/12 yet, but it is on its way.

Question:
Will FP work correctly also w8th the FC?

Thnx in advance

Remon

Hello Alex
As of today i am a AxeFX3 user. I connected with fragPad, wich tells me i am using USB/Midi as a connection and maby some functions wont work, but actually i am connected with usb only on my Samsung S10+ (like the AxeFx2)
Not using a FC6/12 yet, but it is on its way.

Question:
Will FP work correctly also w8th the FC?

Thnx in advance

Remon
Hi Remon,
Yes, this is a known cosmetic issue only, will be fixed asap
Yes it will work with a fc, i use a fc all the time during my tests

I have a Mastermind LT, an AXEFX3 and an iPad. I wonder if it would be possible to connect all of them at the same time via two Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Interfaces. So I would plug the first interface into the AXE MIDI IN/OUT and the second interface into the Mastermind LT MIDI IN/OUT. First this would mean a wireless MIDI IN and MIDI out between both devices. Second this would mean that the iPad has also a wireless connection via Bluetooth with the AXEFX3 which would enable me to use the Fracpad App on the iPad. I am aware of other possibilities, but I want in every case maintain the direct USB Connection between my Mac and the AXE. So connecting the iPad directly via USB with the AXE is no option for me. Anyway I have just ordered a second Yamaha MD-BT-01 Interface. With my first interface plugged into the AXE I was able within two minutes to edit the AXE with Fracpad. But as I said, I also want to sync everything via MIDI with the Mastermind LT and this is where things seem to get complicated. I have also found some forum members mentioning the iConnectivity MIDI 4+ or MIDI 2+ as an option to connect the iPad and (for example) the Mastermind at the same time. But I hope that maybe two Bluetooth Interfaces is all I need. Things could also be easier if the Mastermind would communicate also via USB with the AXE, but as we all know the AXE doesn't send MIDI Out via USB and even if it would I don't know if the Mastermind LT could talk with the AXEFX3 that way or if always a direct MIDI connection via the MIDI Input and Output Jacks is needed.

I have a Mastermind LT, an AXEFX3 and an iPad. I wonder if it would be possible to connect all of them at the same time via two Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Interfaces. So I would plug the first interface into the AXE MIDI IN/OUT and the second interface into the Mastermind LT MIDI IN/OUT. First this would mean a wireless MIDI IN and MIDI out between both devices. Second this would mean that the iPad has also a wireless connection via Bluetooth with the AXEFX3 which would enable me to use the Fracpad App on the iPad. I am aware of other possibilities, but I want in every case maintain the direct USB Connection between my Mac and the AXE. So connecting the iPad directly via USB with the AXE is no option for me. Anyway I have just ordered a second Yamaha MD-BT-01 Interface. With my first interface plugged into the AXE I was able within two minutes to edit the AXE with Fracpad. But as I said, I also want to sync everything via MIDI with the Mastermind LT and this is where things seem to get complicated. I have also found some forum members mentioning the iConnectivity MIDI 4+ or MIDI 2+ as an option to connect the iPad and (for example) the Mastermind at the same time. But I hope that maybe two Bluetooth Interfaces is all I need. Things could also be easier if the Mastermind would communicate also via USB with the AXE, but as we all know the AXE doesn't send MIDI Out via USB and even if it would I don't know if the Mastermind LT could talk with the AXEFX3 that way or if always a direct MIDI connection via the MIDI Input and Output Jacks is needed.
No,
2 md-bt01 can't communicate together

No,
2 md-bt01 can't communicate together
Thank you very much Al for your quick response. The Mastermind has also an USB Device Port. Can maybe one md-bt01(AXE) and an ud-bt01 (Mastermind) communicate together? Well, I guess not. So maybe I will order an iConnectivity MIDI4+... It seems that other forum members are happy with this device to connect a Mac and an iPad at the same time with the AXEFX3.

Thank you very much Al for your quick response. The Mastermind has also an USB Device Port. Can maybe one md-bt01(AXE) and an ud-bt01 (Mastermind) communicate together? Well, I guess not. So maybe I will order an iConnectivity MIDI4+... It seems that other forum members are happy with this device to connect a Mac and an iPad at the same time with the AXEFX3.
No, these are midi over Bluetooth servers, not clients

Is there a tutorial or some explanation how the custom screen works? I am only getting to the point where you place elements on the screen, but the remain grey and inactive.

So I placed an Output 1 VuL Element on the Custom Screen. It only seems to be active when Axe Edit is also active and when this Element is selected within Axe Edit. Is that how things are supposed to be?

Back
Top Bottom