Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Has this been resolved? Being that all new iPhone 11 models now have the “notch,” it would make sense to incorporate this accommodation.
Yes it's been resolved on the Apple side : they stopped this stupid notch...
Apart this there's nothing I can do, i won't buy an iPhone just for this

Just a short post to say thank you for Fracpad. Following the doubts about the 64 bits version of the USB driver, I looked for other solutions to control my Axe, and followed AlGrenadine's advice. The MD-BT01 works perfectly, and Fracpad is really nice to use on a 10" screen.

The Bluetooth signal is strong enough that I didn't notice any lag or interference despite the power amp that's just above the Axe in my rack.

The tuner interface on Fracpad is actually much more usable than the one on the MFC-101 (less jittery). Although I can use Axe-Edit as before with the new driver, I think I'll adopt Fracpad. :)

Hi Al,

I am an AX8 owner and I have not used my FracPad for a while, maybe as much as a year. I hooked it up today and I used it with the Apple Camera Kit Lightning to USB connector. The connection was not very stable and would occasionally drop connection. This is the first time I have used it with the USB connection. Previously I always used the Yamaha (I think) Bluetooth connection and things worked reliably. I am using version 1.25 of FracPad and I have not received any notice that an upgrade is available. It appears the latest version is 3.19. I have some questions.

Is there any benefit to me to use the new version 3.19? I have an iPad Air 64GB which I can use with the Camera Kit or Yamaha Bluetooth adapter. I would prefer to use the USB adapter.

Is this iPad compatible with FracPad version 3.19?

Are there performance, stability and feature improvements that I will be able to take advantage of in FracPad Version 3.19?

Do I have to purchase Fracpad version 3.19 at full price or is there an upgrade path/price?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered, but I got confused trying to figure all of this out by going through the previous messages in the thread. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hi Al,

I am an AX8 owner and I have not used my FracPad for a while, maybe as much as a year. I hooked it up today and I used it with the Apple Camera Kit Lightning to USB connector. The connection was not very stable and would occasionally drop connection. This is the first time I have used it with the USB connection. Previously I always used the Yamaha (I think) Bluetooth connection and things worked reliably. I am using version 1.25 of FracPad and I have not received any notice that an upgrade is available. It appears the latest version is 3.19. I have some questions.

Is there any benefit to me to use the new version 3.19? I have an iPad Air 64GB which I can use with the Camera Kit or Yamaha Bluetooth adapter. I would prefer to use the USB adapter.

Is this iPad compatible with FracPad version 3.19?

Are there performance, stability and feature improvements that I will be able to take advantage of in FracPad Version 3.19?

Do I have to purchase Fracpad version 3.19 at full price or is there an upgrade path/price?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered, but I got confused trying to figure all of this out by going through the previous messages in the thread. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Hi,
FracPad III 3.19 is another software, that's why you didn't get the update notification.
An upgrade special price was proposed during near one year but ended about a month ago :(
Yes there are a lot of new things and improvements in FracPad III (it's been 19 releases since FracPad 1.25).
It should work with an iPad air.

But if you already have connections issues you should check your cable and/or usb adapter first

Thanks for your quick response Al. I wish I had known about the special price, but that is ok. I will check my cable and connections first and then I will probably purchase the new software. Cheers!

Just thought of a couple more questions.

Will 3.19 replace 1.25 or are they separate programs that can run side by side.

Do you anticipate that 3.19 will be compatible with the FM3 when it is released since it has similar architecture and software to the AX FX III?

Thanks again!

Just thought of a couple more questions.

Will 3.19 replace 1.25 or are they separate programs that can run side by side.

Do you anticipate that 3.19 will be compatible with the FM3 when it is released since it has similar architecture and software to the AX FX III?

Thanks again!
It cannot run side by side but both can be installed on the same machine.

Yes FracPad III will probably be updated to be fm3 compatible, but i have no information on the fm3 protocol so far...

Just picked up the iOS version today for my iPad/III. How long typically does it take for the Apple version to go through? (I know they make it a pain in the ass...)

FracPad III 3.20 is available :
  • adds firmware 10.01 compatibility
  • Fixes gen2 fxloop parameters names
Hi Alex

Thank you for the new version. Unfortunately I have an issue with it.
Using the android version on samsung s10+ DEX desktop,, i noticed i cannot double click for instance a wah pedal and activate/deactivate it. The line in the wah doesnt change, but still the wah activates, but cannot deactivate.
Same thing for CAB or volume or so.
Anyone else having this problem?

Hi Alex

Thank you for the new version. Unfortunately I have an issue with it.
Using the android version on samsung s10+ DEX desktop,, i noticed i cannot double click for instance a wah pedal and activate/deactivate it. The line in the wah doesnt change, but still the wah activates, but cannot deactivate.
Same thing for CAB or volume or so.
Anyone else having this problem?
Yes someone else reported it but i can't reproduce. Here is the fix though : enable sync bypass states option

I am looking into using FracPad III and had a few questions relating to one of my use cases.

I am working my way towards getting a wireless Silex unit (DS-520AN) to be able to wirelessly use my Axe Fx III in a different room of my house. I will leave the Axe hooked up in it's usual spot, connect it to the Silex unit via USB then connect that to my network, grab my windows laptop (connected wirelessly to the Silex unit) and my guitar (with a wireless transmitter), then head off to another room. I will not have a foot controller in this scenario (normally use a FC6 though).

Questions:
1) Does FracPad have the integrated ability send things like a Control Switch, Instant Access Switch, and other type of CC commands to the Axe?
2) Does FradPad have access to a Performance Screen view that mirrors what is offered on the front of the Axe III?
3) Does FracPad have integrated keyboard shortcuts? If so, where can I find some details on what is offered?
3b) Is it possible to have more advanced keyboard shortcuts do things beyond scene changes such as the items listed in question #1?

I am basically trying to re-establish all of the features I would normally have sitting in front of the Axe in this remote connected scenario with just a laptop. If these features are not integrated in FracPad (and seemingly not in Axe Edit either) then I guess the next place to look would be some kind of software program that could send midi messages to the Axe over the USB connection, which I have not started to look into yet and don't know if there is one obvious option that might place nicer with the Axe, FracPad, and Axe Edit over others.

I am looking into using FracPad III and had a few questions relating to one of my use cases.

I am working my way towards getting a wireless Silex unit (DS-520AN) to be able to wirelessly use my Axe Fx III in a different room of my house. I will leave the Axe hooked up in it's usual spot, connect it to the Silex unit via USB then connect that to my network, grab my windows laptop (connected wirelessly to the Silex unit) and my guitar (with a wireless transmitter), then head off to another room. I will not have a foot controller in this scenario (normally use a FC6 though).

Questions:
1) Does FracPad have the integrated ability send things like a Control Switch, Instant Access Switch, and other type of CC commands to the Axe?
2) Does FradPad have access to a Performance Screen view that mirrors what is offered on the front of the Axe III?
3) Does FracPad have integrated keyboard shortcuts? If so, where can I find some details on what is offered?
3b) Is it possible to have more advanced keyboard shortcuts do things beyond scene changes such as the items listed in question #1?

I am basically trying to re-establish all of the features I would normally have sitting in front of the Axe in this remote connected scenario with just a laptop. If these features are not integrated in FracPad (and seemingly not in Axe Edit either) then I guess the next place to look would be some kind of software program that could send midi messages to the Axe over the USB connection, which I have not started to look into yet and don't know if there is one obvious option that might place nicer with the Axe, FracPad, and Axe Edit over others.
Hi,
1) yes it can send midi ccs, from 2d touch mode or song mode
2) it has a custom screen where you can put what you want. It's not reflecting the axefx perf mode actually because it existed before the perf mode was created. But i plan to include the axefx perf mode too
3) I guess what you ask is something between song mode and custom screen. Custom Screen has various buttons types, give it a run to see if it fits your needs, or make suggestions

Yoy can try fracpad for free on windows or Mac, so i guess it's the best way for you to see what it can do ;)

Feel free to pm me once you'll have tried it to discuss about your needs if not fulfilled

Cheers

Hi,
2) it has a custom screen where you can put what you want. It's not reflecting the axefx perf mode actually because it existed before the perf mode was created. But i plan to include the axefx perf mode too
3) I guess what you ask is something between song mode and custom screen. Custom Screen has various buttons types, give it a run to see if it fits your needs, or make suggestions

Yoy can try fracpad for free on windows or Mac, so i guess it's the best way for you to see what it can do ;)

Feel free to pm me once you'll have tried it to discuss about your needs if not fulfilled

Cheers

Thanks for the quick response. Will need to try it out now and see. I actually have more time during the day to contemplate and less time at night or on the weekends to tinker, so wanted to ask the questions first to make sure things seemed directionally feasible.

Hi,

Cheers
The custom screen in FracPad is a treat to use.

Questions:

Good news, i'm actually implementing the perform screens :)

Back
Top Bottom