FracPad and MIDI footcontroler

kondzio4

I have a question, is it possible to control AxeFx II via Fracpad and simultaneously control AxeFx II with a MIDI controller? If it is possible, how shold I combine it?

It's definitely possible and I'm sure there are several methods to achieve the goal. The way you approach it will depend on how you intend to integrate the two controllers in your setup. How do you plan to use them?

In my case, the MIDI controller is connected to the MIDI IN port of the Axe-Fx and the iOS device is connected via BT to a Macbook Pro (the MacBook is connected over USB to the Axe-Fx). Then the MIDI ports must be enabled/routed in a DAW or some other MIDI routing software to have communication between the Axe and the iPad/FracPad.

Depending on your MIDI controller you may need to deactivate USB Adaptor Mode in the Axe's I/O to prevent problems.

In my case, I would like to connect Ipad directly to Axe-FX (via Yamaha MD-BT01) without using a MacBook. I'm just wondering how to connect it and whether it is possible at all.

You'll need a midi merger
Does your midi foot controller need the midi out port of the axefx ?
If yes, then you'll also need a midi splitter

Midifoot controller does not need midi out port. Foot controler will be used only to change presets or turn off / on individual effects in a line. Is it possible to connect Axe FX II to Ipad via Yamaha UD-BT01 ? I would like connect it via the USB Host port and use it as with a PC

Unfortunately, I would like it to work on iOS because I do not have an Android device. So to use the foot controller with Ax FX II and to use the Fracpad application with Ax FX II, will I need some midi merger? Can you show how this device looks like?

Unfortunately, I would like it to work on iOS because I do not have an Android device. So to use the foot controller with Ax FX II and to use the Fracpad application with Ax FX II, will I need some midi merger? Can you show how this device looks like?
Yes you'll need a midi merger then, already answered ;)

There's google for that, just type midi merger

11459001_800.jpg

Back
Top Bottom