FR SS, cake and eat

Jan Geerts

Experienced
Live playing with frfr will never be my thing, but I would like to record jams and rehearsal with cab models via output 4, while sending a cabless signal to real cabs via output 1.
The signal on output 4 really is much better when the amp models are set to frfr, the one on 1 is best with the ss setting.

Is there any way I could have the cake and eat it?

You could use 2 amp blocks and route them to different outputs. You would need two separate post-amp-FX-chains, though.

Yes, most of my patches hit +65% already, so that's not an option, I guess
You might be surprised, give it a shot and see where you the up

The second amp block is in the 2nd processor and won't spike CPU that much. You only need one cab block. It shouldn't be too hard to stay within CPU limits.
If you are over the limit, you can post the preset here for ideas to reduce CPU.

You might be surprised, give it a shot and see where you the up

The second amp block is in the 2nd processor and won't spike CPU that much. You only need one cab block. It shouldn't be too hard to stay within CPU limits.
If you are over the limit, you can post the preset here for ideas to reduce CPU.

Is there any way to copy an entire line? Otherwise, it's going to be a. lot. of. work.

Is there any way to copy an entire line? Otherwise, it's going to be a. lot. of. work.
How many blocks?
You can save each of them in your block library and recall them on your second line, from another instance of the same block type.
Should only take a minute or two?

You can also save the Preset as a template. This will save multiple blocks at once. Maybe cut out the blocks that vary and save the template with only the main blocks you never adjust.

Move the Cab block to the end of the line going to Output 1 to the board, bypass it (split and run parallel) going to Output 4 to your SS amp and speakers, turn On the Cab modeling back on in the global and rock. You may not like the cab in that position in the chain as apposed to right after the Amp block or whatever but it's the easy to try.

BTW, you could in my above scenario run a PEQ after the Amp block or before the Cab block, or before Output 4, where ever you need it really, to fine tune the frequencies more.

Last edited:
Move the Cab block to the end of the line going to Output 1 to the board, bypass it (split and run parallel) going to Output 4 to your SS amp and speakers, turn On the Cab modeling back on in the global and rock. You may not like the cab in that position in the chain as apposed to right after the Amp block or whatever but it's the easy to try.
That's what I did. Not sure if the peq can compensate for the Fr/SS setting

I have found 2 amp separate blocks followed by separate signal chain to each out put gives the most control and flexibility of your tone. It allows you to adjust your impedance to match the SS and Cab as well. I often find I have to make subtle amp adjustments to my real cab output to get on stage tone I'm looking for.

I reread your post. I think I misunderstood you at first. I see what your saying now. Your talking about the Output Mode on the Advance setting page on the Amp block: FRFR or SS Poweramp + Cab... I think the two amp solution might in indeed be the only way. Too bad it can't be set as part of the Output block or something, although I get why it isn't. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

The signal on output 4 really is much better when the amp models are set to frfr, the one on 1 is best with the ss setting.

Just trying to understand: are you saying that out 1 and out 4 react to the FRFR/SS setting differently? I know that out 3/4 are for unity gain applications, but I thought if you boosted them, they could function the same as out 1/2.

I reread your post. I think I misunderstood you at first. I see what your saying now. Your talking about the Output Mode on the Advance setting page on the Amp block: FRFR or SS Poweramp + Cab... I think the two amp solution might in indeed be the only way. Too bad it can't be set as part of the Output block or something, although I get why it isn't. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

that would be a great option, FR or SS setting in the output blocks

Another option: record a DI signal instead of the amp+cab signal so you can reamp it later on with the correct output mode but also fine tune your sound for the recording

Back
Top Bottom