Fourth time...the charm?

Karl Houseknecht

Power User
My new Axe-II came in today. This is my fourth time with an Axe-Fx. Third with the Axe-II. Ever since I plugged the thing in this evening, everything else has gone out the window. Work, the wife, the kids, dog, cat, food, sleep. My fingers hurt but my ears are happy. Models I never thought sounded good back on FW10 where I last left this thing sound amazing now. I suspect it's because of the new master volume treatment. I just spent 30 minutes playing nothing but the JVM OD1 Orange. And this is just through my studio near fields. I haven't even had the chance to crank up through the CLRs yet. Nor have I tried any Ultra Res cabs.

I think I'm in for the ride of my life here. Already decided that my DT25 combo is no longer necessary. I'm selling it to fund an MFC. Keeping my HD500x, though, because that sounds fantastic with the CLRs and having a backup plan is good.

Welcome back, again. Haha. Seriously, I know what you mean. It is hard to walk away, when all these great tones are right there.

Cheers,

Lee

It's amazing isn't it? this thing just sounds so good I sometimes laugh out loud in awe when playing it,
and it's so easy to find amazing sound because everything sounds great now with fw 13 ..

:)

glad you're back into it again, would have been a shame if you missed the latest updates ..

Welcome back!

I always felt a little silly buying one at FW 1 and selling it at FW 2 or 3 only to by another one over a year later at FW 7 or 8. I should of just kept it and enjoyed the ride. But those of you who have bought and sold 2+ times make me feel better. Thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always felt a little silly buying one at FW 1 and selling it at FW 2 or 3 only to by another one over a year later at FW 7 or 8. I should of just kept it and enjoyed the ride.

I have sort of felt that way too. However, my early frustration was when firmware versions so radically changed my hard work on presets that I just gave up. It was like having Randall Smith sneak into your guitar room in the middle of the night and rewire your amps, and not always with good results on your patches. With the current level of stability and maturity I don't feel the need to upgrade the FW any further than 13.07 unless something is blatantly broken. I think that will considerably ease or eliminate any frustration I may have felt from earlier attempts in the beginnings of the product's lifecycle.

I have sort of felt that way too. However, my early frustration was when firmware versions so radically changed my hard work on presets that I just gave up. It was like having Randall Smith sneak into your guitar room in the middle of the night and rewire your amps, and not always with good results on your patches. With the current level of stability and maturity I don't feel the need to upgrade the FW any further than 13.07 unless something is blatantly broken. I think that will considerably ease or eliminate any frustration I may have felt from earlier attempts in the beginnings of the product's lifecycle.

Welcome back Karl.

Shhh.. don't tell anyone I said this.. but..

If the Axe-Fx III debuted today, ending any further development on the II, I might just settle in, make music and simply be happy for the next few years. Let everyone else continue the wild ride on the cutting edge.

Nahh... who am I kidding?

Back
Top Bottom