Found Some Great IRs on the Web

Axe2 format would be cool. I think I downloaded these ages ago but I can't find them. Thanks fremen. I will gladly play you in spice melange for your efforts. :friendly_wink:

Fremen,

Do you have a description of these IRs? For example the the JJFred sounds really cool but I don't have any idea what speakers/cabinet it is?

So far I have only used the factory IRs that come in the Axe FXII.

All the talk on the forum about IRs got me looking into what else is out there.

In just a few minutes doing a search online I found literally thousands of free IRs.
I have no idea if any of them are good, or even if they will work with the Axe FXII, or can be converted to work with the Axe FXII.

There are;
.syx files
.wav files
.ewav files
.aiff files
.sd2 files
.kipr files

Here's a link to 6000 free impulses in the various formats above. I have no idea if these are good or not, or which ones will work with the Axe FXII, or which can be converted to work with it. You guys are the experts in all of this.

Big Impulses Package - all the best impulses in one file! - Ultimate Metal Forum

first link

Are any of these IRs useable with the Axe FXII? Are any of them any good?

Aaaahhhh, Guitar Hack ! Cliff, some of his impulses were already in the pack you uploaded years ago for the Ultra/Standard. IMHO, his best IR is not in the pack though, it's called "ThisOne" and it has been my main IR for hi gain since always, first on the Standard, now on the II. I already uploaded it here. It's warmer sounding, less scooped that all the pack

Hi fremen!
Is there ANY chance we can get that Ir in ultra res?? I NEED IT WAAY TOO MUCH! I´m on the final stages of mixing my record and if I could reamp with this Ir in ultra res to get more articulation it would AWESOME

Thank you!!

Hi fremen!
Is there ANY chance we can get that Ir in ultra res?? I NEED IT WAAY TOO MUCH! I´m on the final stages of mixing my record and if I could reamp with this Ir in ultra res to get more articulation it would AWESOME

Thank you!!
I'll convert it when Cab lab will be compatible. But the original file is only 13 kb so my guess is that we won't have audible benefits. At less it will use 4% less processing power

I'll convert it when Cab lab will be compatible. But the original file is only 13 kb so my guess is that we won't have audible benefits. At less it will use 4% less processing power

Thanks!

Is there any other cab that you consider similar to this, (warm and open sounding) but more articulate?

Let's say I play megadeth's she wolf main riff, fast staccato playing on one note, and I pan one riff left and the ohter right in cubase and listen to it, even though the riff is fast I am able to understand the rythm pattern of the notes, between each note there is some bass, the tightness off this bass, really helps to define the understanding of the riff, so to me, more articulate would be, same tonal balance with more and tight bass. The kind of bass you get from the ultra res IRs

Back
Top Bottom