Found new favorite IR's! [Free] Mesa 4x12 Traditional

Okay so I've been tracking with these IR's and I made a perfect low cut setting and then I though why not make an IR that has this complex lowcut integrated. This way we don't have to use any Global EQ. No filter tricks to tighten the low end. With perfect I didn't mean I'm so perfect blah blah... I actually matched it with a few high budget mixes and their guitar tracks. Mostly Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory album. The good old s***! So here's the EQ setting:

IREQ.jpg

Am I forgetting something? Well sometimes it's better to double guitars with slightly different tones so I blended "on-axis sm57 2" with the "off-axis 2 more presence" so it's a brighter version of the one that I think is perfectly balanced: "off-axis 2 more presence". Okay... So I suggest you try these out!

If you're surprised that there's no low end then I'm sorry to tell you but there sure is. There's no flubby boomy sub-bass stuff that's never tight on a guitar. I promise your bass player will be very happy that he gets his space. So will the crowd.

The Off is the normal one and the OffOn is the fizzy Petrucci -esque one. Both are good but I prefer the Off-version.

Feedback as always!

Attachments

• Clark Kents Metaltastic LP Off.syx
    7.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Clark Kents Metaltastic LP OffOn.syx
    7.6 KB · Views: 117
Clark,

Many manyyyyy thanks. After last week tweaking and tweaking with all the advice from grandmasters Scott, Jay, Sam and YOU I had today THE best sounding rig I have ever dreamed of. No harsh high end, Nice pressure full low end and 3D stereo sound wich cuts like à knife through the band sound.

These IR-'s (the first of this topic) are THE solution for me to have a good sounding live Rig. I even bypassed my ART Tube EQ! Normally I used this EQ to roll of the harsh end and pump up the overall sound. For me the tweaking of the drive, amp and cab part is over :)
So now I can concentrate on composing and playing again.

LAST REQUEST
Could you share your knowledge, insight, advice and tips setting up the Multi-Band Compressor. Your explanation is to the point without all the look at me knowledge! If I master the Multi-Band compressor I am sure my patches will come to life even more!

Thanks

:p

I own a Standard Axe-Fx so I don't know anything about the Ultra MBC. Generally I wouldn't advice people to compress overdriven guitar but MBC does amazing things to overly dynamic low end in high gain patches. Use the MBC to even out everything under 250hz. Experiment. I wouldn't use it for anything else but 400-500hz controls low mids. 750-800hz is the mid scoop area. 1000hz sounds bad with all instruments. 2200hz for bite.

Just a suggestion..you have posted a good few patches and IR's now, why not bring all the ones that have worked out well together on one thread and update the thread whenever your posting a new one..excellent work by the way..almost makes up for that serial killer profile pic you have up of yourself!! :lol:

mark_melling said:
Just a suggestion..you have posted a good few patches and IR's now, why not bring all the ones that have worked out well together on one thread and update the thread whenever your posting a new one..excellent work by the way..almost makes up for that serial killer profile pic you have up of yourself!! :lol:

Hahaha. But I'm a serial killer for real! :shock: Yeah I guess I could make just one thread and update it when I blend new IR's. The problem is that most IR's that I blend are Redwirez and I don't want to deal with all the drama like before. It's easier not to be a nice guy. And the password stuff was also a bit complicated for me. I don't care enough to do it again. :)

Really looking forward to trying these out! Got a gig tonight so going to have to stick with the Global EQ but I'll try them as soon as I get a few mins!

Hmm, anyone else have problems with the rar file in Clark's first post? I tried to unarchive it with two different tools (7zip and RarZilla) and both are complaining that it's not a valid archive (corrupted, incomplete, or incorrect password). Of course I downloaded the rar file a second time to be sure, same issue...

???

Hmm, anyone else have problems with the rar file in Clark's first post?

Yes, when I open the rar file there's nothing inside, you can download the original Wavs from the link I posted yesterday, but they need to be resampled to 48 Khz, the route to this particular IR is:
Metaltastic's JSX KT77 + Mesa Stiletto 4x12 ImpulsesV2/SM57/Offaxis/57 Off-Axis 2.wav

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Wow... that's 5 years ago. You have Ultra-Res quality stock IR's in the Axe-Fx shot by me of this same cabinet. I suggest you try those out. (ML USA Trad)

Wow... that's 5 years ago. You have Ultra-Res quality stock IR's in the Axe-Fx shot by me of this same cabinet. I suggest you try those out. (ML USA Trad)
I have an Ultra and forum-archaeologist compulsion, thanks anyway!
Axe2-UltraresIRs-quantum-meltfaces? Someday...and better soon than late!

I think I understand your long intervention!
I hope the link will be helpful for some alive dudes :p

Last edited:
I downloaded the two impluses, but the axe editor can't see the two files when I want to upload them. (I use AXE FX Mark II)

Also these free IR's (in .wav format also!) are shot from the Mesa 4x12 Traditional cabinet. That's a nice little ML Sound Lab IR quality teaser for you guys. :D

Check it out: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/free-ml-sound-lab-irs-clark-kent-job-generation-y.103345/

I was in a heckling mood. But not in a bad way. There's a smiley. ;)

Anyways, it has been 5 years. There's so much better out there nowadays. IRs have gotten quite a bit better recently. Even stock ones. I'm curious what cliff will put in place of some of the OH in the next FW.

Back
Top Bottom