Found new favorite IR's! [Free] Mesa 4x12 Traditional

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
These IR's have been out there for two years some of you probably know them already.

Many Mesa guys prefer the smaller Mesa cab AKA Traditional cab AKA Stiletto cab. The Cali cab is actually trying to be this cab but it's way too fizzy for me at least. Well I found perfectly balanced IRs of that cab that are not fizzy at all. Special thanks to Metaltastic and his amazing IR's: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy ... ulses.html

My favorite one was the SM57 off axis 2 regular or more presence. Those need to be converted so I'll just post the ones I liked the most. I haven't done any recordings for a while but I think I'll be recording something with this IR very soon. Meanwhile... ENJOY!

Attachments

• Mesa Trad OffAxis 2.rar
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,361
No stores I'm afraid. I was thinking about finding someone that had the gear but no experience mic'ing a cab. Then I would use my experience and give my IR's for him to use so it's a win-win situation. Would any of you like to send their cabs to me here in Finland? :lol:

Clark Kent said:
My favorite one was the SM57 off axis 2 regular or more presence. Those need to be converted so I'll just post the ones I liked the most.

Can you post converted .syx files ?

Clip is awesome sounding :)

The more presence version was way better balanced and unmuddy... Not fizzy. Just more clear so here it is in SYX format. :)

Attachments

• 57 Off-Axis 2 More Pres.syx
    7.6 KB · Views: 327
cool sounding IR!

RW-Mesa-vs-more-Pres-Mesa.jpg

All three clips sound great! Any chance of getting hold of the patches? I love the delay and verb on the lead track. Def gonna give this cab a try.

Thanks for sharing :cool:

Spence

xpenno said:
All three clips sound great! Any chance of getting hold of the patches? I love the delay and verb on the lead track. Def gonna give this cab a try.

Spence

Ha... well it was the same patch since I just dialed everything while recording. There's nothing special except the IR. The solo track had the stock delay and no reverb. Just add a delay block and it's there... 500ms. Hmm... I might've set MIX to 20%. The Mark IV is my Global Mark IV setting which is what I used with the real amp too. Drive 6.5 Bass 2 middle 5 treble 6.5 and master 3. Everything else is stock. And a PEQ scooping the Mark IV mids. 750hz with 0.707Q -5.95dB. That's what I use with the Mark IV. Recto is set like a recto is supposed to be set: EQ everything at noon... master 3,5. The Marshall was the JCM800 with bass and treble at 1.5 and middle at 6.5 and everything else was stock. Gain 6.5? That's the way things were if I remember correctly. :) So... thank the IR and not me! :lol:

Clark Kent said:
Ha... well it was the same patch since I just dialed everything while recording. There's nothing special except the IR. The solo track had the stock delay and no reverb. Just add a delay block and it's there... 500ms. Hmm... I might've set MIX to 20%. The Mark IV is my Global Mark IV setting which is what I used with the real amp too. Drive 6.5 Bass 2 middle 5 treble 6.5 and master 3. Everything else is stock. And a PEQ scooping the Mark IV mids. 750hz with 0.707Q -5.95dB. That's what I use with the Mark IV. Recto is set like a recto is supposed to be set: EQ everything at noon... master 3,5. The Marshall was the JCM800 with bass and treble at 1.5 and middle at 6.5 and everything else was stock. Gain 6.5? That's the way things were if I remember correctly. :) So... thank the IR and not me! :lol:

Cool I'll give it a go :)

Clark Kent said:
xpenno said:

Spence

Just a quick one, are you still using some global EQ on the Axe? If I remember you were cutting out quite a bit of low-end on previous clips.

Cheers

Spence

xpenno said:
Just a quick one, are you still using some global EQ on the Axe? If I remember you were cutting out quite a bit of low-end on previous clips.

Cheers

Spence

Not anymore... Well I still have 63hz all the way down since I'll never need it but other than that it's all flat.

This IR is awesome! I did a bunch of patches last night using some real world settings from Mark Tremonti amps as well as some with my own settings and it sounds awesome! No PEQs no Room Reverb, just Amp and Cab sometimes a filter to boost the front end. Sounds superb right accross the board from Fender, AC30, Plexi2, JCM800, Recto Orange, Recto New, Das Metal, Uber. Sounds in the Room, sounds massive, no harsh top end, smooth all round. Can't wait for my first gig with it on Saturday! Thanks Clark Kent for posting it up here it is killer :twisted:

Spence

xpenno said:
This IR is awesome! I did a bunch of patches last night using some real world settings from Mark Tremonti amps as well as some with my own settings and it sounds awesome! No PEQs no Room Reverb, just Amp and Cab sometimes a filter to boost the front end. Sounds superb right accross the board from Fender, AC30, Plexi2, JCM800, Recto Orange, Recto New, Das Metal, Uber. Sounds in the Room, sounds massive, no harsh top end, smooth all round. Can't wait for my first gig with it on Saturday! Thanks Clark Kent for posting it up here it is killer :twisted:

Spence

Ha. I'm glad you like it! It really is one of the best IR's I've ever used. Funny coincidence, I also test new IR's with Tremonti's bass at 10 settings. :D This IR makes just about any patch fit a mix so it sure colors the tone a lot but in a good way. It might not be the best IR for overly scooped metal tones but hey... Metallica did best in the 80s so leave it alone.

Which of the IR's are you using?

Well that's what I preferred. :) Now that I know how good these IR's are I might test blending them since it usually sounds better when doubled.

These IR's are real harsh-end killers!
No more PEQ needed here!
Tomorrow I will test them on Band Volume but I am shure they will succeed.

Many Thanks

Back
Top Bottom