Found inspiration in a factory preset. Anyone else?

personal favorite of mine is poltergeist pig.

Its an easter egg tone gift for my fans, used in every song I've recorded since Dec 2011.
AWWWW YEAH!!

I use a variation on the "Funky Synth" factory preset every so often in this funk/r&b/rock project I'm involved in. Always gets a great response from the guys I'm playing w/ and any innocent bystanders. There's a TON of useful stuff in the factory presets when one takes the time to dig experiment..

There's a bunch of them that have inspired me... some just straightforward amp patches that have a tone that lights me up, and others like Poltergeist Pig, Choral Canyon, A Kind of Dream have led me down all kinds of paths... ;-)

I think Frogtone Irie ended up becoming my Sambora/Bon Jovi talk box patch.

anyone load up the Fremen presets bank 1,2,3 those were the best presets I've heard in the Axe - great for building blocks and learning another approach to preset building

Glad to hear. I can't even recall another device that I've owned that brought as much instant gratification as this has just by scrolling through the factory presets.

I like to switch between #162 &163--Poltergeist Pig and Organic. The combination gives me two different interpretations of evil or the surreal, or possibly
even a contrast between good and evil. Like the song from themoonshook, also. Very nice vocals.

Last edited:
I like to switch between #162 &163--Poltergeist Pig and Organic. The combination gives me two different interpretations of evil or the surreal, or possibly
even a contrast between good and evil. Like the song from themoonshook, also. Very nice vocals.

Thanks!

I'm going to have to explore Poltergeist Pig and Organic. I'm very intrigued by your description.

90% of my presets are derived from Factory Presets.

I use the Factory Presets below in most of my songs:
000 - 59 Bassguy
001 - 65 Bassguy
005 - A-Class 15
010 - Brit 800
012 - USA Clean
018 - Shiver Clean
021 - SOLO100 Crunch
024 - Freidman HBE
033 - Fryette D60 More
035 - FAS Lead 2
178 - regnalF esreveR