Found great amp stand for Axe (pics)

smilefan

Experienced
On Stage Stands MIX 400
Perfect for you guys who racked your Axe's in 3U or 4U boxes.
Width from 14.5" - 21.5", will recline from flat 45 degrees to full vertical 90 degrees.
Adjusts up to 15" deep. Gets your rack up over four feet in the air if needed.
Angle it back and adjust the height so it stares up at you from the floor at the
perfect height for on stage adjustment. Pretty nifty for studio use also.
The office chair base is a little hinky, but two of the rollers have floor locks. $99 at GC.

100_0058.jpg

100_0063.jpg

100_0064.jpg

Hey, nice find!! It looks like the stand for the RADAR Session Controller where I used to work; never even crossed my mind that it could hold a rack!!

Now I'm torn between getting that just so I can get my rack off the ground ASAP, or continuing my quest to find something that will suspend it OVER my Atomic + pedalboard...

I was looking at these online the other day. Does the tilt lock solidly, like with grooved channels or anything, or is it just a pressure fit?

With the weight of the VHT on a stage I would be afraid of that falling over it is a cool stand though.

$79 at MF.
:lol:

Looks great.
But I don't really see much advantage over a $19.99 amp stand backwards. Or the 49.99 amp stand that lets you adjust the angle.
And those casters... I don't want my rack to go rolling off the side of the stage without me. Or with me for that matter...

steveb said:
I was looking at these online the other day. Does the tilt lock solidly, like with grooved channels or anything, or is it just a pressure fit?

I locks very solidly. Its a tooth and groove pivot. I wouldnt have
bought it overwise. The VHT is heavy and needs a solid lock on that
pivot point.

Dutch said:
$79 at MF.

Looks great.
But I don't really see much advantage over a $19.99 amp stand backwards. Or the 49.99 amp stand that lets you adjust the angle.
And those casters... I don't want my rack to go rolling off the side of the stage without me. Or with me for that matter...

The casters have floor locks. Show me the $49.99 amp stand that lets you adjust the angle!
Sounds interesting.

Sixstring said:
With the weight of the VHT on a stage I would be afraid of that falling over it is a cool stand though.

Thats the one advantage of the funky office chair base. It distributes the weight of the VHT.
I tried to knock it over on purpose by bumping it. Couldn't topple it over.

smilefan said:
Dutch said:
$79 at MF.

Looks great.

The casters have floor locks. Show me the $49.99 amp stand that lets you adjust the angle!
Sounds interesting

+1

That's a killer little stand for $50. Probably would have bought
that instead, had I known about it. However, my stand is really
stable with my heavy VHT rack. Five big spokes on the base
distribute the weight evenly from every angle. That one looks like
it would topple easily if accidentally bumped from the side.

smilefan said:
That's a killer little stand for $50. Probably would have bought
that instead, had I known about it. However, my stand is really
stable with my heavy VHT rack. Five big spokes on the base
distribute the weight evenly from every angle. That one looks like
it would topple easily if accidentally bumped from the side.

Actually, it is very stable. It is made to handle amps that weigh up to 90 pounds, so it has to be stable. I currently am using one with with a 3 space rack Axe/Furman. I am using another one with an oversized 1x12 combo tube amp that weighs probably 65 pounds. That amp stand works great in both applications. On Stage RS7705 for the win!

if you're in the uk or europe, you could try the adam hall SAF503

http://www.themusicking.co.uk/adam-hall-amp-stand

SAFS03-f1.jpg

not tried it myself, but it looks to be good value

they do a smaller one - the SAF502, but it doesn't have the adjustable cradle like the 503 does

i'll probably be picking one up - better than a board on top of a keyboard stand!

sim

I use an Ultimate Support stand. You can't change the angle but it's a good angle to begin with. It keeps thinks low and sturdy. And it folds up in to nearly nothing. It sits nicely in the gig bag I keep my All Access and expression pedal in. And hey: $30. Deal. My 3U sits very firmly on it. It'd hold up to a 6U if you were careful not to put heavy stuff in the top two slots.

Back
Top Bottom