Found a Round to-it.

Tom Morris

Power User
Been wanting a 5 guitar travel case for a while. Had a 4 guitar case I had built like 20 years ago been using ever since but I needed to pick up a 7 string so I needed another slot. Gotta work on the cover tomorrow.

Looks great. I need a 20 guitar version! Lol

Really nice work, Tom!
Yes! I was thinking a nice big case with a carousel kind of like a tie rack. Automated naturally, just touch the guitar of your choice on the touch screen and it rotates to the opening and hands it to you. Oh with environmental control for those hot steamy outdoor gigs. LOL If you only had the time and money!

Nice! I love the well-thought-out details. But do you really trust it to transport your guitars?

Nice! I love the well-thought-out details. But do you really trust it to transport your guitars?
Thanks Rex. For my purpose = roll out of house tilt backward and push up in my van laying flat on its back. Unload at a gig and transport home again its what I need. Would I put it on a plane? Hell no! Would I load it in a U-haul touring state wide, sure. the bottom where the guitars rest are custom fit to each guitar so when the cabinet is laying on its back they can't slide towards the top. Plus I was thinking of putting a spring loaded snap in brace from side to side that fits over the guitars strap buttons. Not that it needs that once the lid goes on there is no way they could slide up.

What material(s) are those stamped-steel-looking bottom rests made of?

There is a foam board product called Foamular, kind of a dense pink styrofoam made for insulation that I covered in those lock together EVA foam flooring squares. the whole thing is a sandwich of different thicknesses of that foam board and the other flooring stuff. Then the diamond tread stuff is another EVA foam mat I found at harbor freight. All glued together and into place with Locktite Fuse-it caulk. That Fuse-it stuff is pretty cool, really tacky sets up quick and cures in a couple hours.

Thanks Rex. For my purpose = roll out of house tilt backward and push up in my van laying flat on its back. Unload at a gig and transport home again its what I need. Would I put it on a plane? Hell no! Would I load it in a U-haul touring state wide, sure. the bottom where the guitars rest are custom fit to each guitar so when the cabinet is laying on its back they can't slide towards the top. Plus I was thinking of putting a spring loaded snap in brace from side to side that fits over the guitars strap buttons. Not that it needs that once the lid goes on there is no way they could slide up.
You need a reality show. There was Monster House. Then Monster Garage.

This is Monster Case.

Nice work with the seams of the extruded aluminum channel. It's real challenging to work with.
Much respect.

Man that looks nice.. I would want the ability to change out different guitars in those slots, but I guess that wouldn't work since you have them sized specifically. Well done though.. that's some serious DIY

Back
Top Bottom