Implemented Forward-Stop-Reverse

GravityWell

I am a Fractal newbie, so maybe there is a way to do this that I haven't found. I have an XP300 space station that I use for basically two things (sometimes more but not often). One can be somewhat replicated, the other I have only found in the XP300.

Program 10, the Forward-Stop-Reverse effect. As you rock the pedal forward, what you are playing slows down like you are putting your hand on a reel-to-reel tape until it stops completely midway in the rocker. Then as you continue to rock towards toe down the sound begins to speed up in reverse with some sort of reverse delay.

I love this effect. I would love to also retire my aging XP300. I found the reverse delay, which is cool and somewhat like part of the effect, but not quite the same.

Attach a controller (like an exp.pedal) to Motor Speed in the Mono Tape Delay.

It sounds like whammy & reverse delay on demos. I don't think there's any tape delay motor style slowdown involved.

Heel & toe are normal pitch while 50% is some large downward shift. This might be the "dive bomb" interval as on the XP100 which was 6 octaves IIRC. The Axe whammy type can only reach -2 octaves, but you could chain two pitch blocks for -4 octaves.

(There's also a sort of hack to glide between intervals of a custom scale with intelligent harmony mode. This can reach around -4 octaves but can only stop at scale intervals.)

From 50% to toe-down a reverse delay is engaged. This should be before the pitch block(s) at 100% mix, no feedback. Delay time seems to be around 600-700 ms.

Set pitch source parameter of pitch block(s) to "block in" for proper tracking of delay signal (and first shifted signal if chaining two whammy blocks).

Back
Top Bottom