FORUM UPGRADE AND MIGRATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iaresee is always careful to differentiate between what he thinks and what he knows as fact. His accuracy is pretty near 100%.

@iaresee: No offense, but will you be the administrator of the new forum? Some kind of Moderator? Looks like you have some kind of info that the rest of us don't.
How do you know that there is no plans to add suport to Tapatalk, or that the forum will be ad-free, or that the accounts will be migrated (something obvious BTW)?

I mean, to me, that kind of answers should come from some official source, like M@, FractalAudio (Cliff), Joe Rogers, or anyone from FAS.
I guess you're beta-testing the new forum, but that allows you to answer that specific questions so firmly?

I'm not saying I don't trust you... I'm just confused that this kind of info comes from a "normal" user rather than from one of the FAS Team or any of the current moderators of this forum.

Well, he's not a "normal" user. The beta testers have been testing out the new forum for weeks now if you have read any of Cliffs posts in the thread. Not only that but iaresee is one of the primary persons doing the migration as he already answered.

Do you honestly think some "normal" user, whatever that is, is going to answer numerous questions and just toss out BS to amuse himself? Do you not think if that was the case then Cliff, Matt, or Joe would chime in and let everyone know someone was dishing out erroneous information.

When you have to start out sentences with "no offense" and "I'm not saying I don't trust you" it comes off as pretty offensive in my humble opinion.

Fl7x is a pretty level headed guy. it's not obvious that iarasee knows actual facts vs conjecture from any name or forum status. Fl7x did mention he assumed knowledge from the Beta tester indication in his signature.

at any rate, it's all cleared up now.

I can quite understand that. We came to the same conclusion on TGP, given the issues it caused (mainly around security).

Glad we talked though, I added a mobile view to the TODO list! :D

Everyone in this thread: terse responses these days. Hella busy over here (woo! my company is going public! woo!). But I'll try to answer as many questions as I can. :)

I hate how tapatalk keeps spraying you with "You should really use our app!!!" messages on vbul. Even if it made things 50x better, that behaviour alone keeps me away from it.

I hate how tapatalk keeps spraying you with "You should really use our app!!!" messages on vbul. Even if it made things 50x better, that behaviour alone keeps me away from it.

You and me, both. Now I'm hearing there are security issues with it? One can only hope everybody stops supporting it.

It should only do that the very first time you go to that page. Also, the administrator of the forum can turn off that function.

You and me, both. Now I'm hearing there are security issues with it? One can only hope everybody stops supporting it.
I doubt there's anything to that, other than forum admins not setting things properly.
If you don't like the app, don't use it. There's no need to start a petition to ban it for others that enjoy it's convenience.

SDN uses XenForo. It's the best forum interface I've ever seen and used, especially for quoting, multiquoting and using fonts, sizes and boldface, underlining, italics, inserting links, pics and all of that jazz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom