FORUM UPGRADE AND MIGRATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that official?

Is what official? The mobile view Xenforo provides or the no Tapatalk support? Both of those are absolutely true and not going to change. Tapatalk is owned by VBulletin, it will never support Xenforo.

I always used Forum Runner. Not sure if it was ever 'supported' but it mostly worked, much better than mobile browser. Anyway, I don't know much about forum software but if it's a faster better platform that's what's really matters.

I checked out TGP on my tiny iPhone 5 screen. Might be OK if not for the desktop-size ad banner... will the new forum still be ad free???

ShlG9iAeFNpBH0iSXCZNmj49nN0YzritkwSgCaPD6og7l9b28JVMyNDQBFAyy6HhvjhtiLBy0dHZeUTeAVgOFsKUu3YGNEOzukWbFQHeDXh0gi2N564cHUgwiIlFYvlxNyjiHuB82xa48tpfA4D27Nk1-fbb5MSbhiqX2bqsf31BvlScbKXihMZVdbrbPOyTo_r0K3Dy5CXD5ItzMHkMWuFY4N8BEwBGoPY4ynMzaNPZigbYed0r4RuTRx0vxu9vKTlz5ptoq1L-h21AmdWa50Mo25VYuc47JvtOqVD5RRY2vviDWl92o3OESJFMn3MFyQk6x4TKIqIjGCRAdnkQ1fx0zXuJODCDM-ZUWTxamMgf7jzN3xw4xEoL4UrMKILWiSwXIDRNqPgpfrFR54jYsHVyYVPnDOkhBxQS8DLdCUXc_Ay9qRPqRdDhrYYqauP4S3IFVEqew18d_MQMrmMlf9dmHHtTya-DNBck8rxnIbJ6Axu2xK7Fq51hwgMVIEIQVJ760iwuwBpUEEn6bPMZNIJkmpleUKY288VdlY6a3dA=w530-h939-no

@iaresee: No offense, but will you be the administrator of the new forum? Some kind of Moderator? Looks like you have some kind of info that the rest of us don't.
How do you know that there is no plans to add suport to Tapatalk, or that the forum will be ad-free, or that the accounts will be migrated (something obvious BTW)?

I mean, to me, that kind of answers should come from some official source, like M@, FractalAudio (Cliff), Joe Rogers, or anyone from FAS.
I guess you're beta-testing the new forum, but that allows you to answer that specific questions so firmly?

I'm not saying I don't trust you... I'm just confused that this kind of info comes from a "normal" user rather than from one of the FAS Team or any of the current moderators of this forum.

iarasee is a Fractal Audio beta tester and probably is testing the new forum as well. many on this forum only believe things when Cliff says it, a few more believe things when M@ says it. after that, nothing is fact haha :) we'll find out all the answers in a week or so.

iarasee is a Fractal Audio beta tester and probably is testing the new forum as well.
I know that. but I still thinks that this kind of answers should come from an official source, the administrator of the forum or the moderators.
...It could be just me.

I mean, you, or me could say that the forum will support webcam, chat and that it will be flashy Green with rainbows...

but I still thinks that this kind of answers should come from an official source

sure. i always get slammed when i make a thread reporting a new version of something, because FAS should post it instead.

i would imagine that iarasee could simply not answer the questions and we'd have no information at all. though some would prefer that vs having the chance that he's incorrect.

i'm not sure FAS Admin have the time or interest to answer those questions when all will be revealed in such a short time. if they could officially comment on my conjecture there, i'd be satisfied :p

Just popped over to TGP to see what the new "optimised for mobile" looks like, as Tapatalk isn't going to be supported any more. I'm assuming there's a setting I've missed somewhere, as the default view on an iPhone 6S Plus, running iOS 9.1, is not good :(
4f4cd18b8dcb77453468c914aeba323c.jpg

For those who know the new forum software - is there a setting somewhere I can fiddle with so that it looks better?

**Edit** I'm a wally - click at the bottom and load the mobile theme doofus **

c7757a089104a3dda0ecfa8d8205ed0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@iaresee: No offense, but will you be the administrator of the new forum? Some kind of Moderator? Looks like you have some kind of info that the rest of us don't.
How do you know that there is no plans to add suport to Tapatalk, or that the forum will be ad-free, or that the accounts will be migrated (something obvious BTW)?

I mean, to me, that kind of answers should come from some official source, like M@, FractalAudio (Cliff), Joe Rogers, or anyone from FAS.
I guess you're beta-testing the new forum, but that allows you to answer that specific questions so firmly?

I'm not saying I don't trust you... I'm just confused that this kind of info comes from a "normal" user rather than from one of the FAS Team or any of the current moderators of this forum.
I'm one of the people doing the migration work. Does that answer your questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom