Forum profile Option : exclure and sales adds

lauke-lux

Fractal Fanatic
Anytime I check on new or recent posts the more and more, lately, I see about at least 25% of the threads that come up are sales topics....IR's, patches, equipment...etc. It starts to nerve.

Can't you just exclude these threads from standard search filters or create an individual profile option to do so ?

Error in title due to automatic correction algorithm (again a tool becoming too intrusive lately).

IF possible pls correct to : Forum profile option : exclude any sales adds from "recent" and "New" posts menus.

I don't know what I've got configured on my forum settings, but when I hit "recent posts" I'm only seeing one FS thread listed, so nowhere near 25%, just 1 out of 20 most recent threads.

The classified section seems pretty slow as a whole, maybe 1 or 2 items being listed per day at most, so by far one of the very lowest traffic parts of the forum. Not sure why your seeing so may sales listing, or why I'm not seeing that many, but "recent posts" seems to work fine for me as is.

I guess if you factor commerical IR's or presets the number gets higher, but again, when I just hit "recent threads", out of 20 topics, 1 is for Austin Buddies (excellent) pack, and one is for a MKII for sale.

So 2 out of 20 recent or 10%, and those are pretty easy to recognize and skip over if they are of no real interest to you.

Last edited:
You're right, at least today, just had a look and seems all those preset sales topics disappeared ! "I swear I had no sex with these sellers". Last weeksit absolutely was not that way...maybe just a bad period ?

Last week the credit card bills from the holiday season started showing up, maybe more folks trying to raise some cash LOL

I think its pretty few and far between overall though, at least to where I personally wouldn't think a filter is needed. I agree with you I wouldn't want to have to wade though 50% of the posts if its just a bunch of random guys selling "custom" presets and such, but as it stands, the ones I do see mentioned are at least things of interest.

For example, the new ML Guns n' Roses cab pack. I haven't bought it, maybe will, maybe won't as I have ton of IR's as is, but I was still glad to know it came out, enjoyed reading about the pack, listening to clips etc. So its technically commercial, but its also what I'd consider interesting and warranted some good discussion.

I guess giving people options to filter out what they don't want to see is good idea overall, but I also think it could lead to folks missing some items of interest. I mean heck, I happened to buy an Atomic CLR, just because I came across a post for one being sold at a great price. I don't really search the for sale sections, but there it was, as a recent post, and I was like " I could use that...." lol

Back
Top Bottom