One thing I have noticed about tis board is that members come and go, maybe it's to specific for some and others just move on.

If you sell your Axe Fx what would be the point of remaining?

I used to be a lot more active than I am now just due to various other distractions in life. I think people just go through cycles where they're not posting for extended periods, yet still keep up on stuff by checking in either frequently or infrequently. Now if they sold their Axe, that's a whole different matter entirely.

Speaking from personal experience, a person's interest level ebbs and flows. Since I bought the Axe I have been obsessed with it and learning more about how to use it to it's maximum potential. Before I had the Axe I was a regular on the Chapman Stick forum, "Stickist". I have been a guitar player since I was a kid and after so many years I started to look for new instruments to add to my composing arsenal. I bought a tapping instrument and got completely enveloped. I basically only played guitar when I needed a part for a recording. I would go on that forum and be very active for about 3 months and then drop out for another 3 months or whatever. Mostly because of time issues, family distractions etc. I was researching a better device for me to process 2 independent signal paths on the forum, because my tapping instruments have discrete stereo outs for bass and melody sides of the instrument, and someone was raving about the Fractal products. The rest is history. I haven't been on that forum since I purchased the device. I also have had a rejuvenated interest in the guitar. I haven't played my tapping instruments since the Axe showed up at my door. Now I just wish I could clone myself in order to have enough time to enjoy all of my interests! Point being, they may still actually own their Fractal devices but could just have other s@#$ going on.

Each according to his or her needs. If you've got it dialed there may be little need to keep coming around. For me my involvement with the Axe keeps getting deeper and deeper, slowly but surely. After getting four expression pedals and the LF+12+ there's still plenty to learn, so I keep my eyes half opened here. But if you're not active with branching out into new territories or your questions are answered, there may be little need. Or if you just never could get it together, or if your interests wandered. All kinds of reasons.

Me personally, I like to think of this forum as a family. When you plunk down 2500 bucks you become part of this Fractal family, and like all family's there are some that you rarely see any more, because their wives are a bit controlling and brothers who are too busy working to chime in. But even though they have nothing to say, they are around making sure that their siblings are taken care of.

Scott Peterson was shocked that Dweezil Zappa was reading his posts, Dweezil even mentioned some of the topics that he was reading that Scott had started. Folks who are fractal nerds are on here more then you would think. That's the beautiful thing of this being on the Internet you can get to this site from any where in the world.

And this is to all you Fractal Artists, it's nice when we here from you, we love inside baseball, touring stories on the road, tips and tricks of what you had to do in a a real world situation, We won't tell...

lastly Carl Ryland you rock buddy, thanks for sharing, I can't for you all to see the video that Jack and I shot of his time on stage, it was brilliant.

This is what happens when I have an off weekend from playing on Sunday mornings.

Last edited:
Haven't seen Jack Zucker on the forums in a while.

I really like Zucker's instructional books: Sheets of Sound vol1 and 2.

Scarr got a II and posted for a little while then stopped.

My observation, too.

jzucker has been inactive for long time, I think even on the old setbb board. I thought he moved on without the Axe-Fx and chose something different. He still posted after that at TGP.
Shredi Knight got a bit calm after the II's announcement, got more active several weeks ago (selling the Std., getting the II) and now is posting every now and then; not as often, but he's around.

I've been around since spring 2007 and it feels peculiar how memorable members change throughout time.

For example: where did godprobe go? Or mranonimouse, or supersecretjim?

Back
Top Bottom